FX-SHO crate dimensions

can anyone tell me what the crate dimensions are that the FX-SHO's come in from the factory? I want to ship some to australia.

I realise they arent in the dealerships yet but dont they have basically the same hull as some other Yamaha PWC's?

Who would be a good Yamaha Dealer in Los Angeles to contact for this purchase?

thanks, mark.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I would say whatever the current fx's come in since they are the exact same size.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it depends... i havent actually measured an 08 crate even tho i have a few in stock, but some of the skis came flat in the crate... whereas all the other years the skis always came on edge at a diagonal to make the crate narrower. some of the 08s i got are flat, and some are on edge, not sure on the crate dimensions. all it's gonna take is 1-2" difference and it'll screw up alot

if the skis are up on edge in the crate, then they are less than 48" wide bc you can fit two yamaha crates side-by-side in a sea-container... so essentially you can fit 12 Yamaha watercraft crates in a sea container... BUT if they are changing the crates at all to let the skis sit flat then they will probably be wider

seadoos and yamahas are too wide so you can only get 6 skis in each container.

i just got this from OTD yamaha in Los Angeles:

2007 FX1100 HO crate size is:
    w-45
    h-49
    L-137

does that sound right?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yes, that's accurate...

but like i said, i have not gotten a chance to measure a 2008 crate, but some of the units came packages differently and i dont know if they changed the crate dimensions or not to accomodate them.

unless u r looking at buying a bunch of leftover 07 models, then yes 100% they are those dimensions and u could fit a bunch of them (12) in a sea container

Ther are no 2007 SHO in existence, Yam had trouble getting them out for mid season this year I ahve just received new RXP x and fx SHO cruisers will measure and post

SHO still sitd on its side in the crate

Quote Originally Posted by 4stroker85 View Post
    can anyone tell me what the crate dimensions are that the FX-SHO's come in from the factory? I want to ship some to australia.

I realise they arent in the dealerships yet but dont they have basically the same hull as some other Yamaha PWC's?

Who would be a good Yamaha Dealer in Los Angeles to contact for this purchase?

thanks, mark.
    http://www.ozpwc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4228 - I just imported one to OZ....this post should answer most of your questions
    Last edited by lmorgan; 07-29-2008 at 07:04 AM.

Thread Information