Thread: Transportation

Transportation

Hey guys, as you may have seen in my other post, me and a friend have just bought 2 1996 seadoo xp's. They are in a heated garage in ohio right now and we are going to pick them up in about a week from the guy. We are going to be storing them in a heated garage as well. I want to see the skis start when we go, so i dont want to have them filled with antifreeze and winterized, and because we are storing them in a heated garage, they dont need to be filled at all. My question lies in the 4 hours between when we leave ohio and park the skis in the garage in ontario. What needs to be done to ensure that no damage is done? I know that we are going to need to stabalize the gas, and forr the engine for the winter, but what else? any input is greatly appreciated!

+1
    i would run some antifreeze through them just to be safe. it's easy to do and only takes a minute to do. while the ski is running, pour antifreeze in through the head (remove the inlet cooling hose and use a funnel). once you see antifreeze coming out the exhaust you are good to go. then fog the engines.

is that the same thing as when you run the ski out of the water with the hose? just using antifreeze instead?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky.ca View Post
    is that the same thing as when you run the ski out of the water with the hose? just using antifreeze instead?
    Kinda. All methods work, but...by the way the water is routed through the engine, taking off the "out" hose on the head and pouring anti freeze in will allow it to go straight to the bottom of the cylinders. Where water stays trapped. No need to have the engine running, and it takes less then a quart before antifreeze starts running out the exhaust.

Correct me if I'm wrong Jay. But if memory serves me correctly, stock water routing goes in from the pump, accross the domes, into the pipe, through the pipe, exhaust manifold, around the cylinders, then up and out the head (with a small feed out the back of each cylinder).
    Last edited by 96XPSS; 12-14-2007 at 04:39 AM.

+1
    that sounds right robert. i know mike just pours in antifreeze without the engine running and he hasn't had any problems. i just get a better warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that any waterjackets in the pipe and waterbox are not going to freeze.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    that sounds right robert. i know mike just pours in antifreeze without the engine running and he hasn't had any problems. i just get a better warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that any waterjackets in the pipe and waterbox are not going to freeze.
    Based on where you live Jay...you need all the warm and fuzzies you can get...

Thread Information