What kind of speeds am i looking at here??

I have a 2000 xl limited that i have totally rebuilt. Painted it soild black, along with hydroturf mats and seat cover. On the engine I used a riva ported crankcase, riva trued and welded crank, riva heads, riva d-plate, riva cat temp sensor, riva free flow exhaust. Had the cylinders re-nikilsiled, using wsm 1200 platinum top end, vf2 reeds, rejetted carbs 110 pilots, 120 mains, 1.5 needle and seat, 95 gram spring, wave eater clips and couplers, flame arrestors, polished inside of pump stator and nozzle, stock rideplate, impeller and grate for now until more $ comes!

With these mods what kind of speeds do you think this thing is capable of? I know they do around 57-59 stock..., so im guessing/hoping for 64-65... I was going ot see what some of you experienced guys think she will run. I know i need to get a new rideplate and impeller though to get say close to 70mph.

Any advice would be much appreciated fellas! And whats the stock rev limiter at?? How do you raise it, and how high can you safely raise it to??

p.s. damn this is an expensive addicting hobby! ive already dropped right at 6 grand in this damn thing! my goal is 70mph though so i guess ill just have a fast ski and be broke!

-Kurt

+1
    I have a 2000 xl limited that i have totally rebuilt. Painted it soild black, along with hydroturf mats and seat cover. On the engine I used a riva ported crankcase may not help some people have experienced negative affects porting cases on the 66V plaatform, riva trued and welded crank does nothing for speed but helps with longevity, riva heads what is actual compression? 145-150 is a target goal and helps with bottom end and midrange acceleration, riva d-plate, riva cat temp sensor, riva free flow. Had the cylinders re-nikilsiled, using wsm 1200 platinum top end, vf2 reeds spacer?, rejetted carbs 110 pilots, 120 mains, 1.5 needle and seat, 95 gram spring, wave eater clips and couplers, flame arrestors, polished inside of pump stator and nozzle, stock rideplate, impeller and grate for now until more $ comes!

With these mods what kind of speeds do you think this thing is capable of? I would say you picked up a mile or two the impeller is a must as well as the plate and shoe talk to Jims performance he is very very knowledgeable on this platform as well as the source for plates I know they do around 57-59 stock..., so im guessing/hoping for 64-65... I was going ot see what some of you experienced guys think she will run. I know i need to get a new rideplate and impeller though to get say close to 70mph.

Any advice would be much appreciated fellas! And whats the stock rev limiter at??your target RPMs are what is important the motor makes its peak power at the 7100-7250 ish range rules are simple tweak your impeller to reach target rpms increase HP to increase impeller size How do you raise it, and how high can you safely raise it to??

p.s. damn this is an expensive addicting hobby! ive already dropped right at 6 grand in this damn thing! my goal is 70mph though so i guess ill just have a fast ski and be broke!

-Kurt

Your next move needs to be the impeller to pick up some speed. Like Oside said, you may have picked up a couple of mph, not much more. The head will help you turn a bigger impeller, you may want to talk to Carl @Island racing for his advice here. First do a baseline run and see what your rpm's are at WOT. If you don't have a tach, get one. I recommend a PET 2100. Getting that 3 seater to 70 is going to be expensive.

+1
    do not ride the ski again until you replace the stock grate - the stock grate is unsafe to use on a modified ski - R&D, Riva or Protec all work fine

you have mostly woked on HP stuff - your ski will accelerate harder but not much of a top speed gain

after the grate next I would add

GP1200R pump nozzel (increased angle will raise you top speed)
    rideplate from either Jim's Performence or Island Racing
    either a Nujet 6.5 impeller or a 2005 GPR pump and a Dynafly impeller

+1
    I would be willing to trade a GPR 5 degree nozzle for a XLT 3 degree nozzle. You would need to tap it for your reverse bucket.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    just by reading what you wrote, and what I am eventually planning on doing..

sounds like you have the stuff that you need to buy the bigger parts...

you have the things that you need to have before you can go up to the bigger stuff... so once you get those bigger things.. then you should be running higher speeds!

I wouldn't be surprised to hear you eventually saying your running 70+..
    but then again as I've been told, it's harder than you think.

Thanks for all of the advice guys! I will keep you posted on my numbers as soon as i get her out for the first run!

Kurt

Thread Information