Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GP1300R covers?

GP1300R covers?

what covers are you guys using on your ski`s?
    OEM?
    Will a cover for 2007 fit a 2008 model year GPR?
    anyone have a pic of their ski with the cover on it?
    one more:
    How is the cover when trailering? normally I don`t trailer with a cover one, unless it is in inclimate weather or to protect hull from rocks and debris...Thanks guys!...PR...

+1
    I have an 06 with an OEM cover... I unly use it to trailer down to Florida and I put a cotton bed sheet over the ski before i cover it... The firsts trip left the ski nice and scratched up... Im unaware of any softer covers...

+1
    Hey andy.

I have the covers for both skis. Any year gpr cover will fit any gpr from 2000-2008. Only difference is the color to match the ski.

I keep them on when skis arent being used to cut down on sun fade. But, i dont really use them when trailering to the shore. As ink said, the underside of the cover is somewhat abrasive and with the vacumm vents the cover stays glued to the ski. The sheet under the cover is a great idea if youre going to haul them on the highway.

For some strange reason. Even while sitting water gets by the cover and into the footwells.How? why? who knows? Maybe if im bored some day ill try to spray the covers with scotchguard.

With the 08 skis being blue. Yamaha will most likely come out with a cover that looks similar to the 03-04 covers.

+1
    Don't trailer with a cover, unless you like scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Hey andy.

I have the covers for both skis. Any year gpr cover will fit any gpr from 2000-2008. Only difference is the color to match the ski.

I keep them on when skis arent being used to cut down on sun fade. But, i dont really use them when trailering to the shore. As ink said, the underside of the cover is somewhat abrasive and with the vacumm vents the cover stays glued to the ski. The sheet under the cover is a great idea if youre going to haul them on the highway.

For some strange reason. Even while sitting water gets by the cover and into the footwells.How? why? who knows? Maybe if im bored some day ill try to spray the covers with scotchguard.

With the 08 skis being blue. Yamaha will most likely come out with a cover that looks similar to the 03-04 covers.
    like this one?...PR...
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=24004

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Don't trailer with a cover, unless you like scratches.
    the bed sheet sounds like a good idea.
    what about road debris on long trips? or nasty weather. road salt, grime and grit will do more damage than cover, no?...PR...

+1
    Andy,
    trust me.
    It's a Yamaha hull. The thing is made like a battleship. That cover will scratch the living shit out of the upper sides of the fairings during trailering.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    never trailer a seadoo with a cover either... trust me... i've learned it personally way too many times and all our customers learn it the hard way after i tell them not to and they do it anyway

unless u r gonna get a custom cover upholstered and lined with cotton or suade, the covers are not made to be trailerable.

nasty weather, mud, dirt washes off the ski. salt, who is trailering the ski all over with salt ont he roads in the winter? ... those damages are going to be on the bottom bow of the hull either with or without a cover, a cover isn't going to make ur ski look better for longer on the top deck while trailering.

all very good points and advice, will heed for sure! .

I have a cover on the GTX while in the garage just to keep the dust off, you can`t believe how much crap is in the air even with the door closed . Thanks gentlemen!...PR...

do you guys think there will be a new cover design for the 08 ski`s?
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 12-16-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    I'm sure the 08's will be made like the 06-07's. Blue paint over white gelcoat up top and black paint over black gelcoat on the bottom. Yamaha's paint jobs are pretty decent and cured unlike the problems the ultra 250's are/we're having.

But, even so. I wouldnt risk the scratches from the cover that isnt really needed for trailering. esspecially after a day out in saltwater when your ski is covered with salt like a powdered doughnut(liquid sandpaper)

You'll have plenty of other ways to scratch your new ski up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information