Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105

    Some history to the MSX build

    First I'd like to say WELCOME to another new section of the Polaris board (thanks Mark)!

    I'm going to go through some notes and get information on the origins of the MSX and how it came about.
    This section will also house an area to pass on information about the Matrix that otherwise gets lost in the shuffle.
    So if you have an MSX (2 stroke or 4) a Matrix or even a conversion come on in and say HI BUT don't forget the pictures!!
    For those that just like to learn about where Polaris was heading (not where it wound up jokes, please) or just to gab about the MSX platform this will be a cool place to check it out.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 12-16-2007 at 11:03 AM.


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,577
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    First I'd like to say WELCOME to another new section of the Polaris board...
    Hmmm, it seems that posts in this new MSX/Matrix section are omitted when one uses the Polaris link under 'Today's Posts' on the left side.

    Which means I hadn't seen this section until today!

    I was wondering why I wasn't seeing much MSX related activity, now I know why...

  3. #3
    Honda Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    60
    +1
    1

    Got the Bug

    I believe I am going to buy two 2005 MSX hulls. one of them is fairly complete. the other is bare and no motor mounts. the question is what engine to put in it?
    Kawasaki
    Honda
    Sea Doo

    Lots of questions- Any thoughts on which way to go?

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,577
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda Guy View Post
    I believe I am going to buy two 2005 MSX hulls. one of them is fairly complete. the other is bare and no motor mounts.
    the question is what engine to put in it?
    There are no 2005 Polaris PWC, production stopped in 2004.

    Were these MSX hulls originally running MSX140 triple cylinder 2-stroke engines, or 4-stroke Weber MSX110/MSX150 motors?

    Weber now makes a four cylinder motor, twice the size of the turbo engine in the MSX150. No word on how hard/easy it is to fit into the MSX hull, but it would be fast.

  5. #5
    I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lomita, aka Slowmita
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    There are no 2005 Polaris PWC, production stopped in 2004.
    Are you sure?



  6. #6
    Honda Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    60
    +1
    1
    Well it did not happen for me. But I still have the Matrix bug. Apparently both hulls are 2005 pre production units without vin numbers. One was an MSX 140 with a half white, half black hull for pictures. the top was a light purple. The other was a bare hull and un bonded top that would be perfect for a project boat. The motor mounts were not even in it. I guess I will have to wait for a worn out msx 140 that I can through an engine in. now where did I see those tripple pipes for $100?

  7. #7
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Hmmm, it seems that posts in this new MSX/Matrix section are omitted when one uses the Polaris link under 'Today's Posts' on the left side.

    Which means I hadn't seen this section until today!

    I was wondering why I wasn't seeing much MSX related activity, now I know why...
    I hope they get it fixed pretty quick, I keep missing it as well.

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,577
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate33 View Post
    Are you sure?
    Were any 2005 models in production when the discontinuation announcement was made in 2004?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda Guy View Post
    Well it did not happen for me. But I still have the Matrix bug. Apparently both hulls are 2005 pre production units without vin numbers. One was an MSX 140 with a half white, half black hull for pictures. the top was a light purple. The other was a bare hull and un bonded top that would be perfect for a project boat. The motor mounts were not even in it. I guess I will have to wait for a worn out msx 140 that I can through an engine in. now where did I see those tripple pipes for $100?
    I guess I'am confused. Is this something you heard of, or have you actually seen these skis? I would be interest in seeing a picture of the MSX140 with the light purple top.

  10. #10
    I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lomita, aka Slowmita
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    7
    Tom aka Honda Guy went there and took the pictures you see-the place in Castaic Ca

    Put up a picture of your Matrix

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2016, 10:32 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 08:06 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 09:49 PM
  4. Added Some Mods to the VXS Today
    By maxadrenaline in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
  5. New to the forum...got some questions
    By BlackHawk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •