Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2

    Seadoo GTX looking to go faster.. help.

    Hi,

    My friend has a Seadoo GTX year 2007

    He is not looking to spend a ton of money, but is looking to get the GTX going faster..

    My question are if you guys know.. what are the best bang for the buck mods...?

    Like for Yamaha's the Jim modded plate gets like 4-5mph when correctly placed...

    any ideas?

    Also anything to be done? It is full stock right now...

    He is running 57-58mph... wants to go over 62...

    Thanks guys!

    -Hallpass


  2. #2
    ISLAND RACING seadoo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Longisland, NY
    Posts
    843
    What is the HP rating on it? Is it the GTX or the GTX with the SCIC motor ( 185 or 215hp?) I have the SCIC model with 215 HP (a.k.a GTX LTD)
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post


    My friend has a Seadoo GTX year 2007

    He is not looking to spend a ton of money, but is looking to get the GTX going faster..

    My question are if you guys know.. what are the best bang for the buck mods...?

    Like for Yamaha's the Jim modded plate gets like 4-5mph when correctly placed...

    any ideas?

    Also anything to be done? It is full stock right now...

    He is running 57-58mph... wants to go over 62...

    Thanks guys!

    -Hallpass

  3. #3
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    I can garuntee its not a LTD mine GPS'd at 60.1 on its first weekend, 80+ degree water, 90+ degree heat, before it was properly borken in.

  4. #4
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    his is a 155hp non supercharged and non-intercooled...

  5. #5
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    his is a 155hp non supercharged and non-intercooled...
    Best bang for the buck is

    #1 fill rideplate bolt holes and gaps

    #2 Pump wedge

    #2.5 OPAS Removal/block offs

    #3 Free up the intake and exhaust

    #4 New impeller

    That's my $.02 anyhow
    Last edited by DarthAWM; 12-16-2007 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Forgot the OPAS

  6. #6
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    what pitch impeller and what do you mean free up the exhaust and intake

  7. #7
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    what pitch impeller and what do you mean free up the exhaust and intake
    The impeller I wouldn't know(try solas tech help), but intake look for a Riva Kit(maybe?) or build a custom 3"/4" intake with K&N filter. Exhaust a Riva or other free flow exhaust (resonator bypass) and a Green Hulk water box.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Best bang for the buck is

    #1 fill rideplate bolt holes and gaps

    #2 Pump wedge

    #2.5 OPAS Removal/block offs

    #3 Free up the intake and exhaust

    #4 New impeller

    That's my $.02 anyhow
    And that will about do it...all you can do that I know of, that's worth it anyways. I would also add skegs. More lift, another 1mph right there. With all that he may gain 4mph, but he will not see 60mph on that ski. He's not seeing the speeds you claiming now, not with that engine.

    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    what pitch impeller and what do you mean free up the exhaust and intake
    I'm not sure about impeller pitch for that ski, but it all depends on RPM. From the mods Darth suggested he would only gain HP and RPM from the intake work. So if he gains 100 RPM with a less restrictive air intake he will need to add 1mm to the trailing edge of the prop to take advatage of the increased power (that is if he is turning correct RPM now).

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    The impeller I wouldn't know(try solas tech help), but intake look for a Riva Kit(maybe?) or build a custom 3"/4" intake with K&N filter. Exhaust a Riva or other free flow exhaust (resonator bypass) and a Green Hulk water box.
    But remember there isn't much to be gained in the exhaust (with what we have so far) speed wise. He will gain a more agressiv or annoying sound depending on his personal preferences.

  10. #10
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    what intake/exhaust work can you do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. top speed only 68mph need some help to go faster
    By LI JETSKIER53190 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 08:07 PM
  2. FS 2008 Seadoo RXP-X Everything you need to go faster!!!
    By River Rat Jay in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 08:31 AM
  3. need my 05 RXP to go faster than the GTX IS
    By Tiplickhahaha in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 01:27 AM
  4. Help 2002 GTX- trying to go out for the day
    By richard kagen in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 06:16 AM
  5. how to go faster on my o8 vx deluxe any help
    By mck542 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 11:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •