Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

International Shipping

Can anyone recommend a Seadoo dealer in the states that will ship to Australia?

Am looking at buying a 2008 RXP-X (when available) with the current exchange rate+freight+taxes I think it would be considerably cheaper than what I will have to pay over here.

Thanks

i would like to know too!

from what the shipping companies tell me, Los Angeles is the easiest/cheapest place to ship from.

so whos a good seadoo dealer in LA?

+1
    It depends on what part of the world you are trying to get to for the cheapest or easiest. If you are trying to ship skis you need to be aware of the hidden cosats. Such as to Au if the crate is wood or has wood in it for bracing is it treated? If not then you pay as much as 600 or more to get it through customs. Typicall a dealer does not know or care that is your problem. Some of them even charge you an extra 200 bucks to put it back in the crate after initial service.
    The challenge in a container is that they are 96 inches wide. If the crate is wider than 48 then you have to put them end to end and you can only get 3 in a 40ft. If the crate is less than 48 then you can put them side by side and put 6 in a container.
    A container right now LA to Au is about 4400. Depending on where in Au you are going.
    John

Banned User
    Actually with 08 RXP are 6 possible in a 40' container!
    If you buy in US you need a US address, if you shipp it outside US you dont have to pay tax.

regards,
    brani

Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    It depends on what part of the world you are trying to get to for the cheapest or easiest. If you are trying to ship skis you need to be aware of the hidden cosats. Such as to Au if the crate is wood or has wood in it for bracing is it treated? If not then you pay as much as 600 or more to get it through customs. Typicall a dealer does not know or care that is your problem. Some of them even charge you an extra 200 bucks to put it back in the crate after initial service.
    The challenge in a container is that they are 96 inches wide. If the crate is wider than 48 then you have to put them end to end and you can only get 3 in a 40ft. If the crate is less than 48 then you can put them side by side and put 6 in a container.
    A container right now LA to Au is about 4400. Depending on where in Au you are going.
    John

sounds interesting..

+1
    Anyone in AU (eastern side) going to volenteer to take a list and run with it?

mmm... would be nice to think about, only a few other things to consider, I have imported a few motorcycles into Aust and whilst not impossible you usually have no waranty, lack of australian compliance leading to problems obtaining insurance and registration, last but not least a few import tax surprises / hidden costs.

I'm not saying it can't be done but if it works out to be significantly cheaper go for it!!!

Hey Guys... Might be able to help here.

I am shipping '07 ski's into Oz. I buy dealer close-out or year-end over-stock. All new "0" hour ski's. The warranty is registered in my name at time of purchase. This warranty is transferable to any individual I sell the ski to globally. The dealer performs his pre-delivery exercises and I re-cradle and pack the ski in the same crate it was originally delivered from Bombardier. I load six (6) crated skis into a 40ft high cube container... the shipping company collects the container from my facility and the ski is off to Oz. Container cost from New Orleans to Sydney or Melbourne is about $5,200.00USD or $867.00USD per ski. Once dockside at port, I have an excellent Freight Forwarder to handle customs clearance and entry. Port fees, customs and handling run about $222.00AUD. GST will follow as 10% of the transaction cost. This includes cost of the unit + cost of shipping and insurance, So this adds about $1600.00AUD to the cost. All in, I can deliver a 2007 Dealer New RXP-SCIC for at or about $15,869.00AUD at todayís exchange rate. That's on the ground cleared customs in Australia.

Check out the links below;
    2007 SEA-DOO RXP 215HP DEALER NEW - PREPED FOR DELIVERY

2007 SEA-DOO WAKE 215HP DEALER NEW PREPED FOR DELIVERY

I hope this lends insight to this ever present question? Iíve spent weeks researching this, lining up the proper resources and components. Itís a pretty smooth system. Buyers in Oz are extremely pleased...can't get enough of them !!

Good Luck,
    Will Gassen
    [email protected]
    504-329-6632

shipping rxp to UK

Quote Originally Posted by Ripowhip View Post
    Hey Guys... Might be able to help here.

I am shipping '07 ski's into Oz. I buy dealer close-out or year-end over-stock. All new "0" hour ski's. The warranty is registered in my name at time of purchase. This warranty is transferable to any individual I sell the ski to globally. The dealer performs his pre-delivery exercises and I re-cradle and pack the ski in the same crate it was originally delivered from Bombardier. I load six (6) crated skis into a 40ft high cube container... the shipping company collects the container from my facility and the ski is off to Oz. Container cost from New Orleans to Sydney or Melbourne is about $5,200.00USD or $867.00USD per ski. Once dockside at port, I have an excellent Freight Forwarder to handle customs clearance and entry. Port fees, customs and handling run about $222.00AUD. GST will follow as 10% of the transaction cost. This includes cost of the unit + cost of shipping and insurance, So this adds about $1600.00AUD to the cost. All in, I can deliver a 2007 Dealer New RXP-SCIC for at or about $15,869.00AUD at todayís exchange rate. That's on the ground cleared customs in Australia.

Check out the links below;
    2007 SEA-DOO RXP 215HP DEALER NEW - PREPED FOR DELIVERY

2007 SEA-DOO WAKE 215HP DEALER NEW PREPED FOR DELIVERY

I hope this lends insight to this ever present question? Iíve spent weeks researching this, lining up the proper resources and components. Itís a pretty smooth system. Buyers in Oz are extremely pleased...can't get enough of them !!

Good Luck,
    Will Gassen
    [email protected]
    504-329-6632

I am from the UK and would like to know if you could export a rxp to me.

Can you tell me if you have already sent one to the UK before. If so, can I have their details to see if there were any problems with taxes etc when the ski arrived in the UK port.

How much is the complete price for a seadoo rxp to the UK.
    my telephone numer is 00447912616183.

WARnING!!!!

YOU WILL NO HAVE A WARRANTY if you import a ski from a country other than the one you live and ride in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information