Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Instead of pulling head to check piston wash, try this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Probe-Light-F...sid=p1638.m118

These work well for inspecting inside of cylinders and piston wash.

Put piston to bottom of bore (turning driveshaft) drop light in and check.

+1

+1
    Got one,been using it for 2 years.great tool to have.Would like to have one with a camera though.

+1
    my work has a boroscope... now thats the ticket !

Yeah, any light works, I prefer standard bulb to led ( seems to light chamber better) but those lights make it easier to get quick check on whats happening in your cylinder

+1
    Hows your wash looking RUNWME?

+1
    This unit will not go in the cylinders, but has a light with a magnet and a mirror on it all at the same time. Great for finding leaks or items dropped in the hull. It paid for itself the first time I used it. I got mine at Costco for $29.00 Even has a UV light.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEOCACHE-GEOCACH...QQcmdZViewItem

Three different extensions are included: 8" straight, 9" angled, and 10" flexible. All have coupling threads and can be used interchangeably, separately or together for 35" total length. They also have an internal wire to bring power to the tip of the assembly.

It includes a shatterproof inspection mirror, a *very* strong magnet, a 1/2 watt LED light and a 1/3 watt ultraviolet LED light. The mirror and magnet have hinges and coupling threads for maximum versatility. The magnet can be used to hold the rest of the tool in place on a metal surface for hands-free operation. The handle is blue anodized aluminum and contains three AA batteries.

A zippered case with protective foam is included for convenience and organization. The unassembled kit in its case measures a mere 9-1/4" x 4-1/4" x 1-3/4". It will easily fit into your backpack, or even in a fanny pack!

The first photo below shows the 3 extensions fitted together to form a 35" length. The mirror and the magnet are attached at the end. The 2nd photo shows the case closed. The third photo shows how the device could be used to locate a hidden geocache (in this case, it is hidden in a pipe.)

In addition, this is a versatile tool that can be used to illuminate recessed or hard-to-view areas in a variety of situations (auto repair, UV leak detection, plumbing, etc.)

This would be the ultimate gift for your favorite geocacher (you?)

Your item will be shipped within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment. We are unable to offer local pickup at our facility, but for a small extra fee, we will be happy to leave your goods in the woods and send you the coordinates!

Greetings from sunny Florida! Visit our About Me page for some more information about us and our eBay history. Please view our other auctions and don't forget to put us in your My eBay Favorites list and check back often.

Aha! Another 5/5 meets its match!

+1
    I've seen fiber optic adaptor for maglites for 12-25 depending on if you get them from a tool dealer, or a sporting goods dealer. just plug it onto the end of your minihalogen maglite, with a lens in good shape and it does a great job of liting up the wash. I haven't tried an led one, but with the fiber optic, I haven't had to pull a head in 10 years. We used them on sleds long ago. the biggest turd in my pocket with pwc is that if you are doing wash checks with the craft in the water, you have to get the exhaust out of the water, or every time there is a wave/wake, then smoke blows in yer eye thru the plug hole.
    borescopes are great, you just have to pay $$$ for a good one that will bend and focus inside a pwc cylinder.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Hows your wash looking RUNWME?
    haha woody, did you hear about my pistons turning blue? I couldnt find methanol, so just went to parts store and bought a gallon of concentrated windshield washer cleaner. Turned my GPR pistons a beautiful shade of blue....

My wash is really not very informative because I run multiple fuels (89 gas, m3 methanol, also trying small amounts of blends with nitromethane)

I watch my EGT's more then the pistonwash
    Last edited by RUNWME; 12-17-2007 at 10:19 PM.

+1
    PRO-VISION PV-2 is the borescope I use. They are available from Toolwharehouse.net at a very reasonable cost. $200 is normal for a sale. Very easy to use and I keep it in my truck.

+1
    Singed my face, and burned my eyelashes once by using a torch bulb with 2 wires soldered on.
    dropped it into the bore, it touched the side and lit the fuel fumes!
    yes, it was my fault-i didn't insulate.
    this is a FYA-Please be carefull!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information