+1

How can this be...?

I get home and the lake is perfect. No one out but I know I need to get out there before some ski boat beats me and tosses and endless ripple. So it's about 62 degrees (great summer, huh?) and no win whatsoever. The lake is completly calm at 69 degrees water temp. Don't know the barometer but tomorrow is the eye of the storm being the only dry day so I'm guessing it's rising. I had 3 bars of fuel and the oil seemed a little high nearing the top bend. Trim was set two clicks above middle. My current mods are the PPG Level 1, 81mm venturi, Riva sponsons and intake grate, no OPAS, waterbox and free flow exhaust mod and 2.0 degree wedge (I think that's all I have right now). Basically I'm two days from getting the Vortech, RR IC, and powerpipe and plumbing and thought I'd get a baseline number.

Well I hit the same max RPM as I've ever got with this Solas at 7850. Didn't seem anything too spectacular, but it felt fast and smooth. This is what I saw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc02643_488.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	159  

+1
    In not as good as conditions, but no chop, I had previously seen 71.8.

+1
    Thats real nice!

Damn I wish mine ran 73....

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    damn!!! that's downright impressive if u ask me!!! that doens't even include a RR intercooler or Vortech or power pipe

i envy you soooooo badly right now

+1
    Yeah but we're talking perfect conditions and for once I think that speed venturi (81mm) was able to perform in the glass water and perhaps the 2.0 degree finally did what we all thought it might do. I suppose if the claimed 72 mph of a Riva Stage I (similar to mine) and add the pump wedge and the 81mm, then I think that 73.9 is just what you'd expect. Now I'm hoping the numbers don't go down from here like others that have added the bigger mods.

+1
    My money is on a spike. Make 2 passes in each direction and average the 4 speeds together and that is closer to reality.

+1
    Most likely. I haven't mounted my GPS and just clip it to my jacket so I can't see it until I get to one end of the lake. I did run 72.3 one time down other direction and caught calmer water coming back (no porpoising whatsoever when I had that stretch at 73.9).

The main thing I wanted to know was the RPM and that thing did not rise above 7850 and held it solid except for a once-in-a-while 7900 when it came a little unhooked.

unfortunately it could have been a spike in the gps. Hard to say when it's not in plain view at all times.

+1
    At least I can say, not definitively, that I reached that speed because after I get all that other stuff bolted on I might drop below stock speeds as other threads have not so encouragingly posted.

+1
    I have reached gps speeds in the 73+ range on my lake but that was running down a 300' wide canal that leads towards a small dam that had the gates open The other direction cost me 1-2 mph!

Thread Information