Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Better acceleration - Rxp

I was thinking of putting a few mods on my 07 Rxp for greater acceleration and was not wanting to put on the full kit 1. What certain parts should i put on? Cheers bois

Quote Originally Posted by Bourkey_RxP View Post
    I was thinking of putting a few mods on my 07 Rxp for greater acceleration and was not wanting to put on the full kit 1. What certain parts should i put on? Cheers bois
    Define "not wanting to put on the full kit 1". If you want better acceleration then you need to add the 3" powerfilter intake (that comes with the riva kit) OR go with a rear intake (pro series powerfilter by riva), and add a new prop to boot. And if you're going to do that then you might as well install the whole kit except for maybe the pump wedge. You could go with a three blade prop, but I've never heard of anyone running it on a totally stock boat. You would just kill top end. As far as "freebie" mods most are a top end thing, like filling in the rideplate bolt holes.

If you plan on getting more into it then you need to look into upgrading the supercharger and intercooler. There is a lot of acceleration to be gained there but it requires a little more work and obviously more money. From there you can do many things, but it all depends on how deep your pockets are and how much you want to wrench.

+1
    Yup, what he said, but you can use a 13/18 3 blade in a 1/2 or 3/4 stage setup. It pulls harder than stock & has the same top end as stock which makes for more fun factor.

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    leave the air filter alone, put in a Greencharger or ROTAX RACING SC Impeller + a 13/18 pump Impeller.

that is a perfect combo les then 1000 USD, and you get much better accelleration.

cheers guys, ill probs just get the riva kit 1 after warranty runs out

+1
    cheers guys, ill probs just get the riva kit 1 after warranty runs out
    Bourkey, If your afraid of voiding your warranty you will be ok with the Riva Stage 1 kit...It WONT void your warranty..So go ahead and put it in and have fun!!!!

Wink

Are you sure snoman? If thats the case then im going for it, how come it dosent void your warranty?

+1
    Are you sure snoman? If thats the case then im going for it, how come it dosent void your warranty?
    It doesnt void the warranty cause your not modifying the engine itself..All your doing is adding a air intake system, prop, and intake grate..You can go up to a stage 2 and still be covered under warranty but you might want to ask your dealer first on the stage 2...Some dealers are picky about stage 2s..I have bought 2 rxps in the last year and my dealer has no problem covering the machines as long as i dont change the ECU..which you wont have to worry about till you go stage 3..So go ahead and get the stage 1 .....Have fun and be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Bourkey, If your afraid of voiding your warranty you will be ok with the Riva Stage 1 kit...It WONT void your warranty..So go ahead and put it in and have fun!!!!
    Not true! Tell me where BRP directly states that the kit will not void your warranty? It all depends on the dealer. Talk to your dealer and see if they say the kit will void your warranty.

This has been talked about before with the metal washers. They should not void your warranty unless upon an official BRP inspection it can be proven that the metal washers were the cause of a failure that requires warranty work. However, some forum members have been told by there dealers that if they install the washers their warranty will be void. Others have not had this problem with their dealers, and some dealers have even been generous enough to install Jerry's metal washers for them!

So talk to your dealer and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman
    It doesnt void the warranty cause your not modifying the engine itself.
    Wrong. Per my dealer if the BRP representative can determine that one of these parts (being that they are aftermarket) caused a failure that requires warranty work, they can deny your warranty claim. I mean I understand your point, I can't see a Riva grate having anything to do with throwing a rod through the block, but it's a big company and your the little guy...I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for them to deny a warranty claim for the dumbest reason.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 12-21-2007 at 09:42 PM.

+1
    Well Bourkey I guess I am wrong....The dealer that i have bought my machines from told me as long as you dont change the ECU s then I am covered.I have also read here on the boards the same thing.Just going by what I have been told and have read here..Guess you need to contact your dealer first..Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information