?'s on maintanance things to do for this summer!!little help please!

Well being where i live right now its winter so ya the machine is put away, but i was wondering for this up coming summer is there anything that i should look at replacing for general maintanance wise. My machine is an 06 with about 60hrs on it, now i think i remember hearing someone say something about the valves , can someone help me out here, just tell me what i need to buy or do , or upgrades . Thanks guys!

Can someone please help!!! this is rare for someone not to help, hmmm!

Youngs Point
    Youngs Point, Ontario, Canada on the awesome TrentSevern Waterway
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    Well being where i live right now its winter so ya the machine is put away, but i was wondering for this up coming summer is there anything that i should look at replacing for general maintanance wise. My machine is an 06 with about 60hrs on it, now i think i remember hearing someone say something about the valves , can someone help me out here, just tell me what i need to buy or do , or upgrades . Thanks guys!

I would make sure you put fresh oil ( BRP oil only ) and make sure it is only 10w-40...you DO NOT want the synthetic oil in an RXP. Put a fresh oil filter in, new plugs and a fresh coat of "look at me" wax!!!!! LOL

Make sure you have replaced the ceramic washers in the S/C!!!

There is grease in the nose cone in the pump assembly but I have been told it doesn't need to changed until you are over 100hrs, I changed mine a few weeks ago ( 120hrs).
    From what I have read on this site there is no need to worry about the valve train until you put a Rude Charger on the machine and start swapping ECU'S etc, and generally get into the higher end of the performance scale.
    I have done nothing or had any valve train issues with my machine.

Good luck!!!
    If you ever riding in the Trent Severn or Peterborough area PM me and let me know, some unbelievable riding around here.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stonylake rxp View Post
    ... new plugs...
    Sounds crazy, but even though these are 4 stroke machines, it is always best to change them in the spring. I can't count the times I let this go on all my friends skis only to have them limp around the corner on their yearly maiden voyage. I've received many a phone call from disgruntled friends saying, "What's up, I thought you just serviced this thing". Now I replace every plug, every spring, on every ski

BTW, it is usually #1 that fails first... almost every time

Jeff

Thanks guys , i knew those few things to do , i always change plugs and change the oil thats a no brainer, but for some reason i remember i think Jerry saying after like 50hr or something like that our valves losen up and we need to put shims in them or something along those lines can someone chime in on this!

+1
    probably was talkin about shimming the SC clutch.

ya maybe that was it! anyways thanks guys!

+1
    "stonylake rxp;503070]I would make sure you put fresh oil ( BRP oil only ) and make sure it is only 10w-40...you DO NOT want the synthetic oil in an RXP. Put a fresh oil filter in, new plugs and a fresh coat of "look at me" wax!!!!! LOL"

You can use synthetic oil in the ski. Here is the AMSOIL Synthetic Marine Oil and how it compared to Sea-Doo Synthetic and Petroleum Oil. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/wcf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well I just bought a case of the AMSOIL for my RXT I hope I will be happy.

Thread Information