Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Vehicle Mileage, etc. Thread

Post the model, year, and make of your vehicle along with how many miles you have on it (also please give a general description of the vehicle such as the engine option, etc.). This can be a current or previously owned vehicle. Also as a side note, feel free to post any problems and your overall opinion of the vehicle.

I'll start...

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport. Series 1 L27 3.8L V6 engine. Currently has 219,975 miles on it. Completely stock. Only fixes have been cruise control (twice, both times between 75K and 150K miles), water pump at 219K miles, retractable radio antenna quit working so replaced it with a fixed position radio antenna, leather arm rest started to rip at 200K miles so that was redone. Car gets just over 30mpg highway and about 21mpg city. Nice ride, quiet, FWD is great for sloppy winters here in Michigan, handles good but then again I haven't really drove anything to compare it to. For a first car I don't think I could ask for anything better all around.

+1
    2006 GMC Envoy SE.
    Inline 6 cylinder, 4.2 liter, 291 HP.
    Currently 12,800 miles.
    16-18 mpg city and 20-22 mpg on the highway.

Great vehicle, tows the ski without a problem and has 4 WD when the snow flies.

Not a single problem so far. But then again it's a lease so repairs are not a worry.

Banned User
    +1
    I'll post about my trucks, since I have kept records on them since day one...

2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4...The one you saw in all the commercials, big, black, chrome, with 20's...Since it was the first year of the new model, I got the old 360 V8 in it. They announced the Hemi for 03' about 3 months after I got it...So lifetime average on it is 10.6mpg ...but I got it when gas was $1.30 and I drove 3 miles round trip to work...only 49k miles on it now, after 5.5 years....and its PAID FOR!!!

Mods are KN air filter, custom single in/dual out exhaust from a 2005 Harley Hauler with dual 3" chrome tips (sounds GOOD!)...Standard items such as mudflaps, stainless steel nerf bars, and a bed cover...Inside I got molde floor mats, new speakers front/rear, small 6.5" Kenwood sub under driver seat, Kenwood Excelon 10-disc changer w/MP3 playback, XM radio, all attached through OEM radio......and the ghetto factor of 3 four foot long purple neon underneath...Keyless entry with remote start...

Only issues I had were within the first 2 years. Rock chip on windshield in 6 months...a seal on the steering rack started to leak, filling the boot with fluid, so every time I turned right it would squirt out...Then after a major rain storm I got caught in a viaduct with standing water, which came up high enough to drench my alternator, killing the bearings...

Regular oil changes every 3000, and tire rotation every 6000...just got new tires on it after 46k mile, they had a 30k life on them since they were the first OEM 20" tire...

The BEATER is a 1998 Sonoma with 116k miles on it...Standard cab, short bed, 4-cyl, auto, tilt, air, cruise...I added my own keyless entry using OEM latches and a cheap aftermarket unit...KN filter...rebuilt exhaust from header back...mudflaps and bed cover...hidden hitch...INSIDE is just a bench seat, but I have a Pioneer CD player, new speakers in dash and door, and 6.5" Pioneer tube sub behind drivers seat...XM radio also....Just got new tires for it....I use to have 16" formula rims on it, which improved handling like CRAZY...but they got taken off after i hit a large chain link on the highway, bending the rim.......REPAIRS = new waterpump, reflashed ECM when it wouldn't start one morning, steering idler arm......Lifetime milage is around 21.5mpg, but thats city driving....Had it only 16-17 months, and the mileage i put on it already (instead of the RAM) the gas savings alone between the two paid for itself...

I have a rickshaw and a very nice Chinese man who pulls me around.

+1
    2007 Hummer H3
    inline 5-cyl engine 242 HP. 15mpg
    No problems at all. Great tow vehicle.

1998 Audi A4 v4 Turbo 165HP ~24 mpg upgraded ECU supposed to add 35 HP(I question those numbers)
    Tows single ski ok for short trips. Problems- had to replace passenger window motor 3 times. Timing Belt went after month after dealer examined and said belt was fine. Few o/2 sensors. Had to replace transmission when car was dragged out of parking spot then towed. Dragging and all wheel drive car while in gear is not advised..Long story..

Wow danny all i can say is wow. Hey 500 post all i can say is wow.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    2006 GMC Envoy SE.
    Inline 6 cylinder, 4.2 liter, 291 HP.
    Currently 12,800 miles.
    16-18 mpg city and 20-22 mpg on the highway.

Great vehicle, tows the ski without a problem and has 4 WD when the snow flies.

Not a single problem so far. But then again it's a lease so repairs are not a worry.

I have a 2005 Envoy with 35,000 miles...

16-18 mpg in the city!! i MIGHT see that on the highway... i would die for that kind of mpg!!! i'm not even close man

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post

I have a 2005 Envoy with 35,000 miles...

16-18 mpg in the city!! i MIGHT see that on the highway... i would die for that kind of mpg!!! i'm not even close man

Yep, have taken mileage several times and she always falls between 16-18 mpg.

Dont know what to tell ya, how heavy is your foot.

SIGNS YOU HAVE A LEAD FOOT

Your the first person to be put on the FBI's most wanted list just for speeding.
    Your friends car pool with you not to save gas but to save time.
    You need three states just to go on a joy ride.
    You have a suspended drivers license in all 50 states.
    When you stop you leave a mile long skid mark.
    You married your wife because she had a corvette.
    Your bumper sticker says, "My other car is even faster."
    You get blisters from your gas pedal.
    Your car won't start unless it has 110 octane gas in it.
    You get pulled over even when your not speeding just to get a warning not to speed.
    You always leave at the last minute but you're never late.
    Your friends leave a hour before you do just so you can meet them at the same time.
    You don't wear a seatbelt, you wear a crash helmet.
    Your speed gauge is stuck in the max speed position.
    You can go through three drive thrus at the same time.
    There's a radar detector named after you.

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    93 nissian maximia V6 (a.k.a. STINKY)
    220K miles and all thats ever been done is 1 battery and alternator.. oh ya and 3 sets of tires... still ticking

04 tahoe Z71 4x4
    90k miles about to need tires and hadda have sterring box replace under warenty.. oh also had radio problem but got fix by dealer..

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor215 View Post
    2007 Hummer H3
    inline 5-cyl engine 242 HP. 15mpg
    No problems at all. Great tow vehicle.

except that you are getting around 15 mpg and you are killing the environment

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information