Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1300/1390/1500 EFI Question

How many of you are still using the stock oil injection, BUT, are also adding some oil to your fuel on fill up? If you are, how much are you adding? Any noted performance changes?

I am adding oil to my fuel, about an ounce per gallon, on my 1390 even with the stock oil injection intact. I have seen no negatives, and have had no problems.

The reason I brought this up was seeing a blurb on the SBT sales website (oil injection block-off section) that said that its not recommended to use the block off on an EFI ski. Just curious as to other experiences.

Thanks, Steve

The actual quote from the site was:

"Block off kits are ONLY for carbureted applications. It is not possible to pre-mix a fuel injected ski, as the injectors will clog."

I'm going premix on my EFI 1390. I don't want to mess with the oil injection anymore.

Their was a topic about this recently, do a search. Many people run oil injection on their EFI ski's

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I'm going premix on my EFI 1390. I don't want to mess with the oil injection anymore.

Their was a topic about this recently, do a search. Many people run oil injection on their EFI ski's
    I've searched and picked up bits and pieces, but unless I missed it, I've seen little from those running both oil injection AND premix on the EFI skis.
    What are those people, who use injection also, using for a premix ratio? Have they noticed a performance change by adding the premix on top of the oil injection? Have they experienced problems/gains? I'll search deeper and see if I can find anything substantial. I know that I have seen two of the well known tuners say that they added a little oil on top of injection, just can't find it.
    Last edited by howestek; 12-20-2007 at 04:37 PM.

I don't think the injectors will clog right off the bat with pre mix. They are not men to flow oil but I know people that have gone pre mix on EFI with no problem. On my 1390 I decided to run the stock oil injection and mix in some oil with the gas. It is easier on me this way and puts less stress on the injectors I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I don't think the injectors will clog right off the bat with pre mix. They are not men to flow oil but I know people that have gone pre mix on EFI with no problem. On my 1390 I decided to run the stock oil injection and mix in some oil with the gas. It is easier on me this way and puts less stress on the injectors I would assume.
    Good deal. You're doing what I'm doing. How much oil/gallon are you mixing in the fuel?

On another note, what's your rational for adding the extra oil to the fuel, above and beyond the injectors?

+1
    Are you modified,what engine mods are you running...If you use oil injection and want premix also a 100:1 ratio will be fine with mods but not necessary stock....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    And there lies the comfort we all will enjoy.....

Quote Originally Posted by james k View Post
    Are you modified,what engine mods are you running...If you use oil injection and want premix also a 100:1 ratio will be fine with mods but not necessary stock....
    I am running a 1390 EFI with the oil injection intact. VF3's,JW,key,higher compression,etc. I am presently premixing at 1/128 in addition to the oil injection (have been for about 20-25 hrs) and I'm really not concerned about clogging the injectors (I should have left the SBT blurb out of the post). I'm more interested in what ratios other people are using IF they are doing both. The 100:1 was what I was looking for. I was also wondering if anyone had noticed a performance difference by adding the additional oil. 1:100 isn't much, but if doing it costs 10 rpm's, well, thats 10 rpm's!

Thanks, Steve

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by howestek View Post
    I am running a 1390 EFI with the oil injection intact. VF3's,JW,key,higher compression,etc. I am presently premixing at 1/128 in addition to the oil injection (have been for about 20-25 hrs) and I'm really not concerned about clogging the injectors (I should have left the SBT blurb out of the post). I'm more interested in what ratios other people are using IF they are doing both. The 100:1 was what I was looking for. I was also wondering if anyone had noticed a performance difference by adding the additional oil. 1:100 isn't much, but if doing it costs 10 rpm's, well, thats 10 rpm's!

Thanks, Steve
    My concern is the 200:1 ratio at idle with the oil injection and being on and off the throttle so much and oil feed trying to keep up..Chip and i are going to fix the oil pump in the wide open postion which is 30:1 constant for less worries in this matter..Mixing 100:1 in the tank would be a big help for the lower rpm range,regardless of the performance..i believe you were already on the right track,just my .02..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information