Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

For you guys with bilge pumps...

Where did you connecet the bilge pump to (wires)? Did you wire it to run all the time when the ski is running? Or did you put a timer/switch? I just got a 500 gph pump with only 1.6amp draw... Just looking for ideas on how to wire this thing!

let me know something!

Kurt

What I Did

I hooked mine up to run full time when the ski is powered. It's nice because the pump runs after I shut the ski off until the PVs cycle. I swamped the ski a bit once and I cleaned it out just by bumping the on switch and powering the bus.

I can give you some pics of the wire connections, if you are interested.

Eric

+1
    On my 01',i have mine switched from the battery.I mounted the switch in the glove box.Very simple install.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    I typically wire mine separately right to the battery with an on/off switch... if it was powered by switched 12V with the ignition, then i'd have no sinking protection for the times i leave my ski unattended in the water for several hours.

i get the Rule model that automatically detects for water every 20 seconds... and just run a switch on the negative wire to turn the power supply to it on and off. whenever the ski is in the water i leave it on... when i goes on the trailer i flip the switch off.

Carl sells a really nice waterproof switch that clamps onto the bars right next to the throttle lever. No drilling or zip tying it into inconspicuous places.

+1
    I wired mine to the lanyard switch. It runs when ever the lanyard is installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    I typically wire mine separately right to the battery with an on/off switch... if it was powered by switched 12V with the ignition, then i'd have no sinking protection for the times i leave my ski unattended in the water for several hours.

i get the Rule model that automatically detects for water every 20 seconds... and just run a switch on the negative wire to turn the power supply to it on and off. whenever the ski is in the water i leave it on... when i goes on the trailer i flip the switch off.
    don`t forget to fuse it!!!
    Shibbs, why do you interuppt the negative wire? that`s leaves the 12+ wire hot all the time. If there were any abrasion or break it would leave a live wire bouncing around the hull...
    just want to hear your reasoning...PR...

+1
    I have the auto pump shibby mentioned. Positive wire is spliced into a switched wire coming out of the ECU box, negative straight to the battery. Switch is mounted on the engine to turn it on/off.

Ok I figured out how im going to do it! Im going to wire it like beerdart has his off off the lanyard switch, so it runs when the ski runs! Thanks for all of the input guys!

Kurt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I wired mine to the lanyard switch. It runs when ever the lanyard is installed.
    Could you help a dummy like me do that ? Which wires where ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information