Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Rius Racing Ltd Edition

    Hi, being from UK the ski is winterised at the mo but could anyone tell me what top speed approx should i expect from a Rius racing ltd edition GP1300 R and also what simple mods if any to make it quicker? ta


  2. #2
    All hail the Chief! fullboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,155
    +1
    44
    Call Rius and ask them - they're some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    panama city beach 'fl
    Posts
    1,846
    +1
    9

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by the jetson View Post
    Hi, being from UK the ski is winterised at the mo but could anyone tell me what top speed approx should i expect from a Rius racing ltd edition GP1300 R and also what simple mods if any to make it quicker? ta


    1.R&D Scoop Grate
    2. R&D Ride Plate
    3. R&D Fixed Trim Pad
    4. R&D Sponsons
    5. Jettrim Rius Racing Mat Set
    6. Jettrim Rius Racing Seat
    7. Solas Concord Impeller
    8. R&D Variable Trim Nozzle
    9. Carbon Fibre Hood
    10. Yamah Aluminium Fuel Cap.

    All of these parts were factory fitted by Yamaha and work excellently with the ski to produce performance and turning ability like no other!

    in that form 64-65 mph .if you what to go faster check in the search ,you have a good start.what kind of fuel avalable?

    later cd

  4. #4
    If for no other reason - just call them to speak to the nice French lady!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    1.R&D Scoop Grate
    2. R&D Ride Plate
    3. R&D Fixed Trim Pad
    4. R&D Sponsons
    5. Jettrim Rius Racing Mat Set
    6. Jettrim Rius Racing Seat
    7. Solas Concord Impeller
    8. R&D Variable Trim Nozzle
    9. Carbon Fibre Hood
    10. Yamah Aluminium Fuel Cap.

    All of these parts were factory fitted by Yamaha and work excellently with the ski to produce performance and turning ability like no other!

    in that form 64-65 mph .if you what to go faster check in the search ,you have a good start.what kind of fuel avalable?

    later cd
    Thanks for the reply ive been away again so havnt had time to reply, we have 98 ron, i was running a 450bhp Subaru and used this fuel ( shell V power) and then put Millers octane boost to reach 102. could i use octane boost in this machine? would it make more power?
    Ta Steve

  6. #6
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by the jetson View Post
    Thanks for the reply ive been away again so havnt had time to reply, we have 98 ron, i was running a 450bhp Subaru and used this fuel ( shell V power) and then put Millers octane boost to reach 102. could i use octane boost in this machine? would it make more power?
    Ta Steve
    when my motor was stock like yours i took my octane well over 100 with no gains

    break the ski out a few of the uk members had ours out this week..but its cold as you may guess

    pm sent
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 01-01-2008 at 01:03 PM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rotterdam,NY & Moneta, VA
    Posts
    1,617
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by the jetson View Post
    Thanks for the reply ive been away again so havnt had time to reply, we have 98 ron, i was running a 450bhp Subaru and used this fuel ( shell V power) and then put Millers octane boost to reach 102. could i use octane boost in this machine? would it make more power?
    Ta Steve
    octain doesnt add power if thats what your geting at. in a simplified explination octain is the stablity of the fuel under pressure and heat or other wise known as anti knock properties.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    202
    Also UK octane raitings are different to the US. 98 RON in the UK is the same as 93 in the US.

  9. #9
    Moderated
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by kevski View Post
    Also UK octane raitings are different to the US. 98 RON in the UK is the same as 93 in the US.


    RON, MON and PON. Researched octane, motor octane and pump octane numbers.

    RON -MON -PON
    90 -83 -86.6
    92 -85 -88.5
    95 -87 -91
    96 -88 -92
    98 -90 -94
    100- 91.5 -95.8
    105- 95 -100
    110- 99 -104.5

    america uses PON we use RON

  10. #10
    Yeh i guessed it probably wouldnt give more power, the only reason to add octane boost to the scoob was as already stated to make the engine run cooler thus reducing detonation in turbo cars,( from this you could advance the timing and get more power on the map) ive been on the search for bolt on power and from what i can gather a pump seal kit can make quite a difference also removing the cat con and replacing with the D-plate in the exhaust? ill try these mods first and see how i get on, i have to try and think 2- stroke now and realise there are only small gains to be made rather than when i was tuning the Subaru fron 270bhp to 462 bhp mind you it still costed a heap of money, as will this, i suppose i will end up chasing power and get the engine tuned, oh hum said the wife

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 03:19 PM
  2. Rius racing ecu
    By fxshostopper in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 05:28 PM
  3. 2000 GTX ltd edition - looking for pro advice..
    By jetski_poland in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
  4. Intake Manifold & Boost Bottle from Rius Racing
    By night022 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 11:20 AM
  5. Rius Racing
    By Tommy Gun in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •