Rius Racing Ltd Edition

Hi, being from UK the ski is winterised at the mo but could anyone tell me what top speed approx should i expect from a Rius racing ltd edition GP1300 R and also what simple mods if any to make it quicker? ta

+1
    Call Rius and ask them - they're some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with.

+1

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by the jetson View Post
    Hi, being from UK the ski is winterised at the mo but could anyone tell me what top speed approx should i expect from a Rius racing ltd edition GP1300 R and also what simple mods if any to make it quicker? ta

1.R&D Scoop Grate
    2. R&D Ride Plate
    3. R&D Fixed Trim Pad
    4. R&D Sponsons
    5. Jettrim Rius Racing Mat Set
    6. Jettrim Rius Racing Seat
    7. Solas Concord Impeller
    8. R&D Variable Trim Nozzle
    9. Carbon Fibre Hood
    10. Yamah Aluminium Fuel Cap.

All of these parts were factory fitted by Yamaha and work excellently with the ski to produce performance and turning ability like no other!

in that form 64-65 mph .if you what to go faster check in the search ,you have a good start.what kind of fuel avalable?

later cd

If for no other reason - just call them to speak to the nice French lady!

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    1.R&D Scoop Grate
    2. R&D Ride Plate
    3. R&D Fixed Trim Pad
    4. R&D Sponsons
    5. Jettrim Rius Racing Mat Set
    6. Jettrim Rius Racing Seat
    7. Solas Concord Impeller
    8. R&D Variable Trim Nozzle
    9. Carbon Fibre Hood
    10. Yamah Aluminium Fuel Cap.

All of these parts were factory fitted by Yamaha and work excellently with the ski to produce performance and turning ability like no other!

in that form 64-65 mph .if you what to go faster check in the search ,you have a good start.what kind of fuel avalable?

later cd
    Thanks for the reply ive been away again so havnt had time to reply, we have 98 ron, i was running a 450bhp Subaru and used this fuel ( shell V power) and then put Millers octane boost to reach 102. could i use octane boost in this machine? would it make more power?
    Ta Steve

+1
    Thanks for the reply ive been away again so havnt had time to reply, we have 98 ron, i was running a 450bhp Subaru and used this fuel ( shell V power) and then put Millers octane boost to reach 102. could i use octane boost in this machine? would it make more power?
    Ta Steve
    when my motor was stock like yours i took my octane well over 100 with no gains

break the ski out a few of the uk members had ours out this week..but its cold as you may guess

pm sent
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 01-01-2008 at 01:03 PM.

+1
    Ta Steve
    octain doesnt add power if thats what your geting at. in a simplified explination octain is the stablity of the fuel under pressure and heat or other wise known as anti knock properties.

Also UK octane raitings are different to the US. 98 RON in the UK is the same as 93 in the US.

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by kevski View Post
    Also UK octane raitings are different to the US. 98 RON in the UK is the same as 93 in the US.

RON, MON and PON. Researched octane, motor octane and pump octane numbers.

RON -MON -PON
    90 -83 -86.6
    92 -85 -88.5
    95 -87 -91
    96 -88 -92
    98 -90 -94
    100- 91.5 -95.8
    105- 95 -100
    110- 99 -104.5

america uses PON we use RON

Yeh i guessed it probably wouldnt give more power, the only reason to add octane boost to the scoob was as already stated to make the engine run cooler thus reducing detonation in turbo cars,( from this you could advance the timing and get more power on the map) ive been on the search for bolt on power and from what i can gather a pump seal kit can make quite a difference also removing the cat con and replacing with the D-plate in the exhaust? ill try these mods first and see how i get on, i have to try and think 2- stroke now and realise there are only small gains to be made rather than when i was tuning the Subaru fron 270bhp to 462 bhp mind you it still costed a heap of money, as will this, i suppose i will end up chasing power and get the engine tuned, oh hum said the wife

Thread Information