Today i tested my new R/R stock class ECU

WOW!!!!! I hit my ski rev limiter with force @ 8450 peak rpm's on over 90 deg air, before the new ECU mod my best peak rpm's was only 8150 with my blueprinted 14/17R PPG solas prop, **i need a repitch NOW**, my top end speed remain almost the same as before but the accel and midrange power was scary the hull refuse to stay planted to the water from a dead stop, the low end power is just incredible, i have a extra FREE repitch job in this prop but i am already out of time, since our local Mudbug "party" is this next weekend, thank God that my buddie Israel is gonna borrow me his out of the box 14/19R solas prop to see if i can drop my peak rpm's a bit (a way from the danger zone) and at the same time try to gain more top end speed without loosing to much low end punch.

I bet the 14/19 drops you down 300 rpm.
    You might want to take out a mm from the 14/17

Is 8450 the rev limiter or is it 8500 maybe you have 300 to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    I bet the 14/19 drops you down 300 rpm.

I hope not since he is spinning this same prop to 8450 rpm's also.

You might want to take out a mm from the 14/17

Yes, maybe this would be a very good idea BUT i don't know how to do it
    Is 8450 the rev limiter or is it 8500 maybe you have 300 to spare.
    Sorry, i am not sure what this R/R stock class ECU rev limiter is.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    RANT...This thread was highly editted by yours truly in fairness to the thread starter to keep it ON TOPIC.

back on topic::
    i'd like to know how the rev limiter on the stock class works... if u held 8450, seems u r not on the rev limiter, unless it more closely resembles the OEM stock ECU.

on the rotax racing ECU, when u hit the rev limiter, YOU KNOW IT, see it, feel it, and hear it

Steve, i think that this stock class (4502) R/R ECU'S are different one from the other since it's very important that you especified the year of your ski when you place an order for one, i also noticed durring testing than in Israel Padilla moded stage II RXP everytime he hit his ski rev limiter his peak rpm's dropped to 8350 and then return to 8450 and stay this way back and forth until the test run is completed and you can also heard everytime he hit the rev limiter, however in my ski the story is completely different, since my peak rpms (8450) remain "steady" all the time until you deside to release the throttle, and you can't heard neither feel nothing, i ride a 05' RXT and he a 04' RXP.

+1
    Hey Guys--The stock class ECU limiter is set at 8500 RPM. You really want to turn 8350 to 8400 (max) with your set up. Your timeing and fuel start to retard just above 8400. A good way to "super tune" your boat without pulling the prop for a repitch is the Skat-Trac adjustable venture. Its work wonders and in a hurry--about fifteen to twenty minutes to change. I have posted several times on the hows and whys of the results I have obtained.

Thread Information