Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What to do with wires on Power Filter Install?

I started on installing a Riva Power Filter on my '03 SC and when I was scoping out the removal of the old air system, I saw all the wire bundle tie down points along the old system. The Riva instructions don't mention anything on what to do with all the wire bundles. What did everyone else do? By the way, expect to hear lots of grumbles tomorrow AM when I start yanking that thing apart, LOL!

Mark

Most just leave em lay in the hull, But if ya want you could zip tie em all together and then zip tie em too something....I just left mine lay in the hull, there isnt enough slack in em to bounce around and get in anything or melt on anything hot...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    even when u remove everything, the wires stay pretty neat on their own. just tuck all the wires under the gas tank strap before you put those back together. You'll make out just fine. Not difficult to do, just one word for removing the stock air box... PATIENCE. Don't yank. when she's totally freed up, it will slide out thru the fire extinguisher access panel.

Yes Mom, I promise to be patient. That is why I didn't go further tonight. I knew if I got into it tonight, I wuld have gotten frustrated and I don't want to stop that phase once I start. Lots of stuff in there and I also wanted daylight to help see deep in there vs a work light and all the shadows/glare it causes.

mjammer pal: take a look at these: ...PR...

in pic 7, on the far right, you can see a plastic piece glued to the hull, then the fuel line and throttle cable are loosely zip tied to it!...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-25-2007 at 12:02 PM.

YEah, I was considering using some of the wire tie down plates. We use them at work ont he side of chassis's to tie off cable bundles. I was thinking of epoxying them on and tieing off but thought I would see what others did.

So what are the PVC pipes for?

those are 4in couplers, take the place of the airbox to take up the slack in the rubber hold down straps. also makes way for future mods, if I want to run anything thru there or replace it ...PR...

Yup, I was going to put something like that in mine PR....But my 4" intake tube does JUST FINE!

It really sucks! darn near sucked my U know what through the space between the seat and the glovebox....

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    those are 4in couplers, take the place of the airbox to take up the slack in the rubber hold down straps. also makes way for future mods, if I want to run anything thru there or replace it ...PR...
    Yep, I just pulled that piece and once I got in there, the light bulb went off on what they were doing. Now it is time to put the new stuff in there but it looks like a trip to the HW store for the couplers and also a Torx socket seeing I can't find mine

OT/ mjammer, how do you like the 16\21 swirl prop, what rpms are you seeing?...PR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information