Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    houston, tx

Rxp-x Preventative Mods

Anyone Know Of Any Yet. I Know They Are Comming With The Metal Washers ..what About The Sc Bearings .. A Lil Early For This ..guess Well Find Out In A Few Months

From what I am hearing better clutch system and improve oil flow to the bearings. As far as the rest of the motor we would ahve to wate and see. I would like to see what a better freeflowing air intake, less agressive grate and prop change will do.

+1
    The "X" skis should be good to go... I will be pulling the Sc about every 50 hrs to check slip and bearing play, and replacing the bearings every 100 hrs or so.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    from what i see personally, i dont think bearing lubrication will be any better than it currently is. However supercharger clutch oiling is what looks to be vast improved.

there's just no exit point in the shaft for the oil being pumped down the front of the shaft to come out between the two bearings and oil them down... all the oil oozes out under the needle bearings and will penetrate and spin out in the areas around the gear and metal washers

i guess we'll see the longevity once they are more publicly available and on the water for a beating

houston, tx
    thanks alot ...wonder if the bearings are ceramic ..if not guess it could be good to replace them eventually

+1
    You will want to replace the zip ties on the bailer tubes if they are still there. Use small clamps, can't remember what size..

+1

2008 superchargers

as far as the superchargers 215/255 there come with titanium coated washers and the rear housing has a oil galley in it so that the bearing gets more oil(the one behind the wheel i have been doing this mod for 2 years now). the 255 has a diffrent wheel and bigger front housing as well as a diffrent gear. all the new supercharger rebuild kits will have new washers. the new washers have a 100 hr service life on them. so they will be serviced every 100 hrs. so if you have any older s/c rebuild kits for the 215 use them up now and only order as a as needed basis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4strokepolaristech View Post
    as well as a diffrent gear
    and different overdrive gears for the double gear set on the crank then also?

+1
    i didn't think the different gear part was right, but i wanted to make sure.

Malte... the SC shaft has that hole in it beneath the needle bearings, right? ... so oil injects into the shaft from that oil tuve and comes out the shaft under the needle bearings..

is there another hole in the shaft for oil to come out for the bearings?

if not.. how does oil feed into that hole drilled into the rear supercharger housing? and how would oil drain out of there?

the old oil sprayer still on the PTO cover, or this takes the place of the old jet on the pto cover?

thanks!

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    the new oil nozzle is replacing the old sprayer, you can see the screw for the new oil nozzle in the picture

the new SC has run "h" on the Dyno and in test RXPs, no issues so far with the bearing and washers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information