Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

13/18 or 14/19 for 215 hp SCIC

I have a stock boat (2007 Speedster) I would like to change out the stock impeller. I contacted Solas they recommended SRX 14/19, but I also see 13/18 being talked about for stock boats. Suggestions???? Experiences??

Thanks
    Mike

I went with the 13/18 off another persons recommendation and it has worked great for me. The acceleration is unreal and the top end went up 1-2 mph.....

How hot does the water get where you live? If it stays below 65 -70 degrees, AND you at least get rid of the restrictive stock intake, then a 14/19 would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cfnnslsq View Post
    How hot does the water get where you live? If it stays below 65 -70 degrees, AND you at least get rid of the restrictive stock intake, then a 14/19 would be the way to go.
    Water can get 80-90 degrees here(southern WI.) I am going to fix the intake.

Thanks
    Mike

I personnally ride on a 14/19 Solas with only a custom made Cold air intake + K&N Conical Filter, and it runs great...way better than with the stock one, both for the acceleration and top end too.

I'd recommend the 14/19 to start with and then the 15/20 only for high boost modded powerplant.Forget about that 13/18....with only some slight mods you'll be cavitating with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    I personnally ride on a 14/19 Solas with only a custom made Cold air intake + K&N Conical Filter, and it runs great...way better than with the stock one, both for the acceleration and top end too.

I'd recommend the 14/19 to start with and then the 15/20 only for high boost modded powerplant.Forget about that 13/18....with only some slight mods you'll be cavitating with that one.
    I don't know much about this but after reading a lot of posts about these impellers, I wonder why doesn't the manufacturer use these "better" impellers? If it makes the boat go faster and they are competing against other brands that are trying to out-do them, you'd think they'd want the edge. Is it the price? Just curious.

Anyone know the pitch numbers for the stock impeller?

-David

Stock numbers for an 215HP propeller are 10/21 , but don't compare those to the skat trak or Solas numbers...they are not the same...i can not explain to you the difference, but they are not worth the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster
    I think you mean hitting the rev-limiter with the 13/18. The 13/18 won't cause cavitation any more than any other prop, in fact, it will bite and accelerate from holeshot faster than the taller props which would lessen any "cavitation" feel that would be present.

I think that anyone with an S150 who plans to keep the boat stock, or up to stage 1, is going to be ecstatic with the 13/18. The original poster is in the northern US, so with a good intake, they could turn a 14/19, but it would be a trade of some acceleration for about another mph on top. In my opinion, a harder accelerating boat makes a much more fun boat than one that is one MPH faster on top when it finally gets there. Don't even try a 15/20 without at least a stage 3 supercharger and external intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by ocordova
    I wonder why doesn't the manufacturer use these "better" impellers?
    The stock prop is good, in fact I've heard the rumor on this board before that Solas makes them. They are nearly identical to the Solas, side by side, but it's synonymous with the tires that come on new cars: they are good tires, but are trying to be decently good at everything. You can get aftermarket tires that perform better in some aspects.

So any idea which sola prop the stock one is most identical to?

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    I think you mean hitting the rev-limiter with the 13/18. The 13/18 won't cause cavitation any more than any other prop, in fact, it will bite and accelerate from holeshot faster than the taller props which would lessen any "cavitation" feel that would be present.

I think that anyone with an S150 who plans to keep the boat stock, or up to stage 1, is going to be ecstatic with the 13/18. The original poster is in the northern US, so with a good intake, they could turn a 14/19, but it would be a trade of some acceleration for about another mph on top. In my opinion, a harder accelerating boat makes a much more fun boat than one that is one MPH faster on top when it finally gets there. Don't even try a 15/20 without at least a stage 3 supercharger and external intercooler.

The stock prop is good, in fact I've heard the rumor on this board before that Solas makes them. They are nearly identical to the Solas, side by side, but it's synonymous with the tires that come on new cars: they are good tires, but are trying to be decently good at everything. You can get aftermarket tires that perform better in some aspects.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information