Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RXP or RXT or GTX limited?

Hey everyone. Great Site!! I am going to be buyibg my ski this month. I have been to the dealer to buy a few times but I just cant make up my mind as to which to go with. I am going to list my concerns and hopefully you all can help me make up my mind.

I love speed so i think all 4 are pretty close. With that being said I want a ski I can spinout and just have some crazy fun with. I would like a smooth ride. I will be riding on a lake but it can get pretty choppy. Everyone tells me I will be hating life trying to ride the RXP in choppy lake water. When I hear that i start leaning towards the RXT or the Limited but they are just so big. Can you spin them out? How different is the handling? I really want the RXP but I just dont want to regret it if it is a problem riding through choppy water. I also dont want to feel like I am riding a floating couch either. I am also 6'6" so I need some good room. Please help guys! I want to get this purchase done but I just do now want to be regretting it down the road.

I love my RXT. And yes, you can spin out with it. I love how it handles in choppy water..but i cant say how a RXP handles in choppy water...

Re: RXP or RXT or GTX limited?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK311
    Hey everyone. Great Site!! I am going to be buyibg my ski this month. I have been to the dealer to buy a few times but I just cant make up my mind as to which to go with. I am going to list my concerns and hopefully you all can help me make up my mind.

I love speed so i think all 4 are pretty close. With that being said I want a ski I can spinout and just have some crazy fun with. I would like a smooth ride. I will be riding on a lake but it can get pretty choppy. Everyone tells me I will be hating life trying to ride the RXP in choppy lake water. When I hear that i start leaning towards the RXT or the Limited but they are just so big. Can you spin them out? How different is the handling? I really want the RXP but I just dont want to regret it if it is a problem riding through choppy water. I also dont want to feel like I am riding a floating couch either. I am also 6'6" so I need some good room. Please help guys! I want to get this purchase done but I just do now want to be regretting it down the road.
    rxt its the best ski in the mkt today in a endurance race in europe there are rxt already doing 80 m on gps.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    even tho I have an RXT as well.... i'm not giong to tell you to get one... u gotta choose what is right FOR YOU, and only u know that. if ur looking for a smooth ride in chop, yea then an RXT.... but if u want to play, carve turns, jump waves, spin out alot, the RXT is a big beast.

RXT is your endurance cruiser that will plow through the rough at high speeds. RXT and handling in the same sentence is a paradox.

RXP is the fastest production watercraft that can turn fairly, can jump with it's added power, and you can have some fun on a lake in calm waters but still handle rough waters well with the right combination of parts. Common complaint is the RXP is a WET WET ride, but that can be remedied with parts as well.

I have an RXT and RXP. From what you described I would say and RXT is the choice for you. When it is choppy I prefer the RXT (and it is very fast) THe GTX Limited is really the same as the RXT with some extra luxury features that are really just an added expense (IMO)

One thing I think is for sure is that you cant make a bad or wrong decision. You should be happy with any of them.

I have an rxp and do most of my riding in lake michigan where the chop is min. 2 to 3 feet and i get tossed like a salad when the chop is higher ! Not to say it's not fun , but if i had to choose again i'd get an rxt . Some guy's are really getting serious horsepower from the rxt so i dont think you would sacrafice speed or power with the rxt . BLA BLA BLA

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    even tho I have an RXT as well.... i'm not giong to tell you to get one... u gotta choose what is right FOR YOU, and only u know that. if ur looking for a smooth ride in chop, yea then an RXT.... but if u want to play, carve turns, jump waves, spin out alot, the RXT is a big beast.

RXT is your endurance cruiser that will plow through the rough at high speeds. RXT and handling in the same sentence is a paradox.

RXP is the fastest production watercraft that can turn fairly, can jump with it's added power, and you can have some fun on a lake in calm waters but still handle rough waters well with the right combination of parts. Common complaint is the RXP is a WET WET ride, but that can be remedied with parts as well.

Ditto: but to add my 2 cents, your 6"6", big dude, then you might want to go for the flying couch! ...PR...

Welocome to the board dude!

Go with the GTX LTD....has the same power as all of the others but it comes with so much extra stuff that you will fall in love with! GPS, Cooler, Cover, Emergency kit, tow rope, dock rope, GPS cover on your glove box, depth finder, compass...ect, ect...

Man,, before writing this I thought I was set on the RXP but it seems the RXT or the Limited is the way to go.. It is me and my brother who are buying. We would like to get two skis but unfortunately it would be a tstretch to get one of each so maybe we should go with 1 limited and then look for a used 2 seater that we could have some fun with..

Any more coments about the handling or lack of on the RXT would be apreciated. I think I would like the smooth ride but I also want to have some fun and g and get wet ocasionally. I have just read alot about people who get bored very quickly riding these big skis.

Na if you are a big guy you will def. like to get a GTX LTD or a RXT...them 2 seaters will become a real pain....And you can still have fun on a big 3 seater...I spin out, sub, jump a couple wakes...shit that the 2 seaters do... I like my GTX because it came with all of the extra stuff and it has the best paintjob out of em alll!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information