Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ingin69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14

    XP Stiff steeringh

    On full lock the steering on my XP sticks and needs a jerk to move from that position. Its fine unless steering is moved to full lock. Any suggestions on how to free up apart from replacing the cable? is it likely to be needing lubed up at either end?


  2. #2
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by ingin69 View Post
    On full lock the steering on my XP sticks and needs a jerk to move from that position. Its fine unless steering is moved to full lock. Any suggestions on how to free up apart from replacing the cable? is it likely to be needing lubed up at either end?
    You need a new cable.

  3. #3
    1996SLTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    904
    +1
    1
    I lost the bottom bolt off my steering nozzle and it gave me symptoms like that.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996SLTX View Post
    I lost the bottom bolt off my steering nozzle and it gave me symptoms like that.
    I agree I would check all the hardware, but you more then likely need a cable... you can try to lube it up and work it back and forth but I think that is more a band aid then a repair.
    -=Rick

  5. #5
    earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Perry, Florida, United States
    Posts
    170

    cable

    i had a cable break where it connects behind the handle bars . made for a unique ride .

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by earl View Post
    i had a cable break where it connects behind the handle bars . made for a unique ride .
    That would suck, what did you do to get back?

  7. #7
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66
    Drag your feet in the water to act like a rudder,it really sucks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. XP Stiff steering
    By ingin69 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 05:28 AM
  2. Big Air xp
    By bling bling in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
  3. Race tech prepped xp retains the crown
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 09:47 AM
  4. $7999 for a new '04 XP DI?
    By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 08:56 AM
  5. 05 rxp or 00-03 xp? help me decide.
    By djburkeen in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •