Thread: Advent ignition

Advent ignition

How good is the advent, and is it worth the money? I manily want an aftermarket ignition to raise the stock 7000RPM or whatever it is rev limiter! I have the 66v motor btw... I also looked into the protec rev limiter upgrade... Any comments on that?

thanks

Kurt

+1
    The stock CDI has a 7400 rev limit - peak power is at 7150 so 7400 is plenty high enough

So you shouldn't buy an Advent to raise the rev limit

The 2 advantages of an Advent are

1) more aggressive ignition timing curve that will raise HP across the entire RPM range

2) the Advent does a better job of managing the power valves - this is especially important in rough water - the stock CDI closes the power valves when the rev limiter is hit which happens when the pump gets unhooked in rough water - closing the PVs slows the ski down - the Advent will keep the PVs open so you don't lose speed (or feel like the brakes are constantly being put on and off)

Ok thanks phillip! I think I will save my money then!

+1
    Kurt post a WTB add in the classifieds you will be able to find one a whole lot cheaper then buying a new one IMHO..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    The stock CDI has a 7400 rev limit - peak power is at 7150 so 7400 is plenty high enough

1) more aggressive ignition timing curve that will raise HP across the entire RPM range

2) the Advent does a better job of managing the power valves - this is especially important in rough water - the stock CDI closes the power valves when the rev limiter is hit which happens when the pump gets unhooked in rough water - closing the PVs slows the ski down - the Advent will keep the PVs open so you don't lose speed (or feel like the brakes are constantly being put on and off)

Awesome explaination Philip.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post

so is there any advantage in raising the rev limiter on a single pipe w/ stock ignition [protec mod] to prevent the p/v's from closing when it unhooks and bangs the rev limiter in the rough water, or does any one mod the stock box so the p/v's wont close when the limiter is hit.

Thread Information