Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Green Wheel vs. RR Wheel

I found a load of info on the Rotax Supercharger Impeller and how it stacks up against the Riva/Vortech Impeller. I was interested in how the Green Impeller compares to the Rotax Impeller. Right now I am on a Stage 1 '07 RXT, about to put the Shorty Waterbox on and I wanted to add some more power for relatively low $$$. I plan on buying an external intercooler, (along with a set of 42#'s) but not until late '08, early '09 (small budget ), after I have a new sc wheel on the ski. Which one would I get more results out of?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by agibbs View Post
    I found a load of info on the Rotax Supercharger Impeller and how it stacks up against the Riva/Vortech Impeller. I was interested in how the Green Impeller compares to the Rotax Impeller. Right now I am on a Stage 1 '07 RXT, about to put the Shorty Waterbox on and I wanted to add some more power for relatively low $$$. I plan on buying an external intercooler, (along with a set of 42#'s) but not until late '08, early '09 (small budget ), after I have a new sc wheel on the ski. Which one would I get more results out of?

Thanks in advance
    Go Green. It's supposed to be almost identical to the Rotax on the low end and a little better on the top.

Have Green Hulk build it for you. VERY quick turn-a-round, Good price, and probably the best S/C man around...(He's done 3 of mine, and will do any rebuilds I need) Jerry, do I get the referral bonus?

btw, if you are still stock, GET that S/C to Green Hulk RIGHT FRACKIN NOW for a Metal Washer Upgrade !!! NOWNOWNOW!!!

JP

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    a i know it they are about the same ...green is the most popular ...just leave the riva vortech wheel on someone elses shelf..or it will be on yours in s few months ...if you can swing it i highly recommend a s3 charger

+1
    Very similar in performance, when I had the Rotax Racing impeller and running 8100 RPM it would do 9.4-9.7 PSI boost. You should have similar results with the Green Wheel while saving better than $200.00.

Thanks JP, but I'm afraid I'll have to build this one on my own. I think the cost of shipping from Bermuda to Jerry would cost more than a new Riva Intercooler with the BOV, even if I ride from Bermuda to the East Coast, only 760 miles!!! That and the shipping time. Its amazing, packages coming to the island take about a day to fly 1000 miles from the USA to BDA, once they're here it takes about a week to go 3 miles from the docks to your house! I already have metal washers in the SC though, swapped the ceramics out before she even left the dealership!
    Last edited by agibbs; 12-22-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Green wheel is the best all around, especially on a tight budget.

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    I'm very pleased with my Rotax wheel on my 06 RXT.
    10 PSI of boost, R's @ 8140
    72.6 mph

Banned User
    i just went green and i love it 8150 rpms stock ecu

+1
    I had a Rotax and hit 9.6 all the time, but for the cash the greenwheel just can't be beat. It is on par with the Rotax and some say better, but is about $200 less.

I have both a greenwheel and a rotax..........once I get my hood painted I'll put on my drysuit and do some back to back testing......I'm sure the difference will not be huge................may be a while but I'll post info ASAP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information