Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jiffy Lube Rip off

I found this and thought I would share........

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx

As an X automechanic I have also worked breifly at a couple of other national chain stores that I was told to do something simlar. I quit as soon as they told me to do so. As a christian I could not do that!!!! There is too much honest work that needs to be done. I can say that one of the best national chains is Tire Centers Inc. (TCI) Good honest company.

what a rip off good for you for quiting as you were asked to do dishonest things with peoples hard working money

+1
    2 stories.
    Mudbugs II, Jetskr took his truck to have the oil changed @ a "new" service place that had a $9.99 special oil change going on. Not sure what they put in his truck, but after the oil change, the lifters were clattering like it had 200K miles on it. He had to bring it to another shop and have the oil changed again.
    My silverado with 60K miles has had the brakes squeaking like the warning indicators were rubbing the rooters for the last 2 weeks. I brought it to a Midas shop here in town to get a brake job. They pulled the wheels, call me into the shop, and showed me that my brakes still had 70% of their life left and told me it was the high humidity probably causing the noise. I told the tech to go ahead and rotate the tires so I could pay them for their time. He rotated the tires, pulled the truck out, then handed me the keys and said thanks. They would not take any payment for rotating the tires since all 4 were all ready off and it did not matter how they put them back. That is the definition of service and a standard that all of these guys should adhere to. Through positive word of mouth, these guys business would double.
    I tell you, there are some shady bastards out there but there are some good ones too, you have to do your research.

If it's not covered by warranty nobody touches my stuff! I watched a Jiffy lube employee put the dipstick across my wifes ( girlfriend at the time) engine check the oil and slam the hood with the dipstick still on the top of the motor they also installed 2 wipers incorrectly not to mention the fact that bulk oil scares me anyway! of course when I confronted the manager all that I got was HUH?

+1
    there was a jiffy lube here in chicago where you could get you oil changed and buy cocaine or weed also drive up service at it's best

Common sense:
    Jiffy Lube , grease monkey, and others all Blow. stick with someone you trust. I`ll do my own oil changes until I`m in the grave...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Common sense:
    stick with someone you trust. I`ll do my own oil changes until I`m in the grave...PR...

Could not have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do take my vehicals to Tire centers for oil changes. 18.00 For Oil lube and filter, using casteroil. and tire rotation!!!!!!!!! ITs hard for me do it my self for that $$$$$$$ I know the guys that work there. But I do all of my own mechanical work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    Could not have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do take my vehicals to Tire centers for oil changes. 18.00 For Oil lube and filter, using casteroil. and tire rotation!!!!!!!!! ITs hard for me do it my self for that $$$$$$$ I know the guys that work there. But I do all of my own mechanical work.
    I hear ya. when I had the resources, I did my own tire mounting and balancing. The wheels and tires on my "A" Team van that costs about 1500 had a sh-t balance job , you`d think for that much dough they could have done it right. I asked for the Hunter road force balance and got just that, my road force test I hate bringing things back that aren`t done right the first time...PR...

Dealer for me. worth the extra cash to know it is done right.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Dealer for me. worth the extra cash to know it is done right.
    same thing applys Steve, if you trust them then it`s good to go!
    we had a local dealer here leave out the drain plug on a new mustang for it`s very first oil change , can you guess what happened next when the customer drove the car off the lot ...PR...

the jiffy monkeys do more damage then good tho I wouldn`t let them touch my bicycle tire

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information