Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23

    Question 2008 GTX 255 Limited

    Found these pics on ebay. the GTX limited in this ad shows 255 on the sides of the ski. I guess the GTX limited for 2008 will stay the same in looks, but get the 255hp motor? I can't find the 08 limited on the seadoo website.....again, I prolly ain't looking hard enough......

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWO-2...QQcmdZViewItem


  2. #2
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    lol, I did the same thing.

    Ad is suspicious.

    Look at the gtx limited seadoo gallery, seadoo put the pic in by mistake...

    No gtxl 255 for 08. maybe 09?

  3. #3
    SoFlaRiders Member mksmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamarac,FL (south Florida)
    Posts
    622
    Looks really cool. I like the adjustable handlebars.

  4. #4
    bron1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Guilderland, New York
    Posts
    492
    scroll down the page and read the specs
    it says 215

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cartersville, GA
    Posts
    59
    215hp.

  6. #6
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by mksmi View Post
    Looks really cool. I like the adjustable handlebars.
    Yeah they work nice on the 07s

  7. #7
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bron1c View Post
    scroll down the page and read the specs
    it says 215
    yeah, I sen that.....jus curious about the labeling on the ski itself.. it said 255...hhmm.......that should make one powerful couch if its true for 08

  8. #8
    Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    ... just curious about the labeling on the ski itself.. it said 255...hhmm...
    Billie... I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with the 255 engine... this has happened before.

    I recall when the '05 215 hp RXTs were announced, the '05 GTX Limiteds were billed as 185 hp. All the brochures, posters, and websites showed it to have the 185 hp engine. Our dealer said not to worry, they will come with 215 hp, so we ordered them. I remember telling him that if they arrived with 185 hp, we either get our money back, or he orders us two RXTs instead... he was right, 215!

    Hmmm... ... should be interesting!

    Jeff

  9. #9
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Billie... I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with the 255 engine... this has happened before.

    I recall when the '05 215 hp RXTs were announced, the '05 GTX Limiteds were billed as 185 hp. All the brochures, posters, and websites showed it to have the 185 hp engine. Our dealer said not to worry, they will come with 215 hp, so we ordered them. I remember telling him that if they arrived with 185 hp, we either get our money back, or he orders us two RXTs instead... he was right, 215!

    Hmmm... ... should be interesting!

    Jeff


    I tell ya Jeff, the GTXL is a fine craft, the 255 will make a nice compliment to the already great platform !

  10. #10
    NoMo-xp4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post


    I tell ya Jeff, the GTXL is a fine craft, the 255 will make a nice compliment to the already great platform !
    I have an 02 Gtx Di (2nd ski) and will be upgrading in the next couple years. I was thinking Rxt----what is the difference between the Gtx Ltd and Rxt?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gtx 255 limited 2009
    By anthony1403 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2016, 03:40 PM
  2. 2008 GTX Limited 215 build
    By mac_man_luke in forum Sea Doo Build Threads
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 10:46 PM
  3. Losing RPM - 2008 RXP 255, 2012 RXP 215, 2013 GTX 155
    By FlyboardAlberta in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 10:09 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 10:36 PM
  5. 2009 gtx 255 limited low oil pressure
    By shgjlsfg in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 07:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •