+1

Locking oil pump wide open results!!

I mentioned in a few post that i was going to try something new by locking the oil pump in its wide open position so there will be more oil for the lower rpms and i tested that today,,,I found out that this is too much oil for low range by doing this and uses excessive amounts of oil...I will still run 100:1 in the tank along with the oil injection with my new ported set up...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james k View Post
    I mentioned in a few post that i was going to try something new by locking the oil pump in its wide open position so there will be more oil for the lower rpms and i tested that today,,,I found out that this is too much oil for low range by doing this and uses excessive amounts of oil...I will still run 100:1 in the tank along with the oil injection with my new ported set up...
    Should asked me, I would have told you what you just found out. BTW..if you run too much oil during break-in it will not help the rings seat any better. You need to run pretty much the same oil ratio during break-in as you would normally..too much oil will not allow proper seating.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Should asked me, I would have told you what you just found out. BTW..if you run too much oil during break-in it will not help the rings seat any better. You need to run pretty much the same oil ratio during break-in as you would normally..too much oil will not allow proper seating.
    I agree,and when i noticed it was too much i would run from 30mph to 65mph up and down so it wouldn't be saturated....

+1
    and too much oil can cause a seizure as well. it won't allow the fuel to cool the piston off.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Sorry guys i should have stated in the thread that this was too much oil for me due to smoking alot at idle in and out of the water but by no means an unsafe condition for the motor..Stock oil pump will max at 30:1 and based also on rpms which you guys know already..I had 100:1 mix in the tank and plan on running this ratio or a little less from now on so the extra at idle with the pump is not needed..You guys are both right under a severe condition too high ratio or too low can cause problems...

Thread Information