Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Where Did You Guys Mount Your Satellite Radio Antenna?

Looking for locations to mount my satellite radio antenna on my 06 sea doo sportster. Also what antenna did you purchase for your sirus radio?

Thanks for any pics or ideas

Anyone????

Wow' so not one member on this forum has satellite radio in their jet boat?

I thought satellite radio was pretty popular....

Use the stock puck type antenna and mount it under the dash (upright) I will take a look at my boat and post back the exact location I would use. Remember your boat is just a big piece of plastic (kind of) and the sat signal is easily received through it.

This not just a guess! I have my sirius,Gps Speedo and chartplotter antennas under the dash of my big boat and have never had signal issues with any of my units. I'm a big fan of the "clean" look.

Like I said I will look and get back with a suggestion just wanted to respond before you started drilling

Took a look and I would mount it under the dash on the fiberglass shelf that the plastic dash is mounted on. Use some double stick or super velcro from radio shack (the clear nylon type)
    Last edited by Mandoo; 12-29-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Wow really inside your dash? I have sirius in my truck and my stock puck type antenna is mounted on my roof magneticly and I loose the sirius signal under trees in certain areas around where I live. Even the instructions on my sirius marine antenna says nothing can be obstructing the antennas view to the horizon.

I believe you but I'm just gonna wait to mount the antenna after the enitre system is installed then I'll test the antenna in different spots on my boat before I commit to any drilling.

Im gonna use the new Clarion Sirius (700SIRCLAR) unit to hook up to my Clarion M455 Radio in my Sportster. Crutchfield will be getting the new Clarion Sirus Recievers in any day now....I'll post some pics later

Thanks for the info...

The sirius antenna in my truck is mounted on the dash at the windshield and the same in the wife’s car. Every now and then (very rare) I lose the signal do to a large structure just like anyone else.

Sat signals are a lot hotter than they were a few years ago and require a lot less to receive them. Remember the 10' dish?

The manufactures are going to cover themselves and reduce warranty and service issues by using the same statement they always have, "must see clear view of the sky" This keeps Bubba from mounting it in his trailer and bitching about service.

Like you said try it out first you will be surprised just how well these small antennas work. One last thought, trees and buildings better not be an issue when I'm boating!!!!

Have you tried this yet? Did you move it out of the garage first

Thought of this the other day, Wife got a new car from work with GPS tracking (sucks to be her) anyway it was the smallest GPS antenna I have ever seen mounted to the dash inside the car.

I'm using the Mini Puck Style antenna that came with my Sirius SC-C1 Tuner

I keep my boat in one of those tent type sheds and I get a super strong signal with this little mini antenna even with the boat inside the shed.

Also the antenna is mounted under the fiberglass helm lid but still gets a strong signal....

I haven't been on the water yet with the new system but I will post after my first trip out this spring. Maybe even this week-end cause the wheather is really warming up here finaly

Thread Information