Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    J3ff

Guys who own NEW boats - 04+ - do you let friends drive them

Just wondering, I am planning on NOT letting anyone ride my ski this season, I just think a top of the line watercraft (honda r12x) (seadoo rxp/rxt) (gp1300r) is only meant to be ridden be the owner.

I have a sea doo xpl that I'll loan out once in a while, but not this one.

Anyone have smiliar views on this topic?

I let anyone ride my ski once they've ridden ski's before. I even let my x-girlfriends 14 year old sister take it out with her friends already. 2005 rxp by the way, 72 mph gps. Then again, I am from the caribbean, not too much else out there on the water and everyone grew up on these things.

huber heights ohio soon near New Port Richie Florida
    i bought 2 extra skis for friends and family to ride, ok idea but gets expensive.the only deal is that they have to fuel in them and it seems like i still have to put gas in them let 1 friend ride 1 and he forgot to hook the lanyard spun out hit retaining wall at about 25 mph. ouch

+1
    I let my couisin ride Careys ski a few weekends ago. This ski was perfect, not a scratch on it. He comes back with a chip in the gelcoat the size of a dime.

He had the nerve to tell me to just put some touch up paint on it and it will be fine

From now on nobody rides!

Quality work without compromise! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    Only my well experienced friends who also have certs, ride our ski, but that dosen`t happen to often, other than that just myself and the misses...PR...

J3ff
    I don't understand why people think I will just give them my toy to take for a ride.

Last year i went to the river with a friend, I pull up at his friends boat, and that friend expects me to let them take my ski...

it's like asking a person you just met to take his motor cycle/car for a ride. wtf

Quality work without compromise! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    I don't understand why people think I will just give them my toy to take for a ride.

Last year i went to the river with a friend, I pull up at his friends boat, and that friend expects me to let them take my ski...

it's like asking a person you just met to take his motor cycle/car for a ride. wtf
    Or bone your dog That just ain`t right. Tell them to put a 12,000 dollar check in your hand first!...PR...

huber heights ohio soon near New Port Richie Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    I let my couisin ride Careys ski a few weekends ago. This ski was perfect, not a scratch on it. He comes back with a chip in the gelcoat the size of a dime.

He had the nerve to tell me to just put some touch up paint on it and it will be fine

From now on nobody rides!
    that comment was grounds for a a#s whoopin. i sold 1 the other day and going to get rid of the other(no to mention they hardly get rode). there is also liability issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by natris 785p
    there is also liability issue.
    Yes there is. Aside from the possibility of someone screwing your ski up, if you let someone ride it and they injure another person, you are open to liabilty for negligently entrusting the ski to an incompetent rider. Not a good idea to do unless you really know the person is a responsible rider.

yea i have never let anyone ride mine except for my dad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information