GP1300R misfiring

Thanks all for your imput,I did find water in one connecter,but when I went to swap coils!!!!Opened up electrical box and the #1 coil wire was about 1" away from the coil!!I connected it and all is well ,actually better than when I picked it up.After jumping waves today off of Avon,the cavitation problem I've read so much about is my next issue!but it's nice to have enough power to actually spin an impeller!In the river dream-o-meter was reading 68-71 top speed.Thanks again for all of your help.scott

+1

Thanks beer dart,If it weren't for the intake grate problems and cavitation I would not change a thing!Well not today anyway!

+1
    if thats an 03 your riding, I would do a pump tunnel reinforcement a.s.a.p.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by sharkriver View Post
    Thanks all for your imput,I did find water in one connecter,but when I went to swap coils!!!!Opened up electrical box and the #1 coil wire was about 1" away from the coil!!I connected it and all is well ,actually better than when I picked it up.After jumping waves today off of Avon,the cavitation problem I've read so much about is my next issue!but it's nice to have enough power to actually spin an impeller!In the river dream-o-meter was reading 68-71 top speed.Thanks again for all of your help.scott
    Scott, you went out riding in this crapploa weather??? Damn your a brave man!... the water temp alone down here is way to friggin cold for me , brr brr. Glad you found your problem what made the ign wire come out of the coil?...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Scott, you went out riding in this crapploa weather??? Damn your a brave man!... the water temp alone down here is way to friggin cold for me , brr brr. Glad you found your problem what made the ign wire come out of the coil?...PR...

can you say vibration ??
    Wave jumpin is hard on skis

Hi, water wasn't too bad.We were out for about 2 hour till my friend tried a hi-speed run (in pretty rough water) on his xp and did a face plant,He didn't complain about water temp just a headache.So we called it a day!As far as cause of problem I'm not sure I hadn't touched a thing on the boat since I picked it up on thanksgiving day.Vibration (possible)but wire had to be pulled back into elec box about an inch? scott

+1
    best thank Mikel70
    SHOOTER

Thanks mikel70,The only thing that I can think of is my arm pushed on the #1 plug wire(pulling it out of the coil) while I was clamping off the water inlet from the pump while winterizing after that ride.It was still on the floating dock,so I wasn't the steadiest.And with wetsuit probably never felt it?Maybe I shouldn't ride in the cold weather?Yea right!!! P.S.Thanks all and a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sharkriver; 12-30-2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: addition

Thread Information