Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    SoFlaRiders Member mksmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamarac,FL (south Florida)
    Posts
    622

    First ride after filling rideplate holes!

    Went out today after filling my rideplate holes and filling intake grate bolt holes and YES I saw a difference. Ran 65.4 with just under half a tank and 66.1 with 2 bars left. Almost a full mph faster then before. I did notice that the ski felt looser in the rear. Not unsafe feeling or anything, but i noticed that when i did a 180 to change direction like I would before the ski came around more then it did. The first time i did it today it really surprised me. Almost would do a 360. Still can't get more the 7820 rpm though.


  2. #2
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by mksmi View Post
    Went out today after filling my rideplate holes and filling intake grate bolt holes and YES I saw a difference. Ran 65.4 with just under half a tank and 66.1 with 2 bars left. Almost a full mph faster then before. I did notice that the ski felt looser in the rear. Not unsafe feeling or anything, but i noticed that when i did a 180 to change direction like I would before the ski came around more then it did. The first time i did it today it really surprised me. Almost would do a 360. Still can't get more the 7820 rpm though.
    I gained 0.5 by just refilling the front 2 holes and quick sanding the plate.

    7820? what prop?

    JP

  3. #3
    SoFlaRiders Member mksmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamarac,FL (south Florida)
    Posts
    622
    Stock. nothing done to the ski yet.

  4. #4
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    You guys use marinetex or GEII silicone to fill the holes? Curious.

  5. #5
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    You guys use marinetex or GEII silicone to fill the holes? Curious.
    JB's WaterWeld putty

    JP

  6. #6
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by mksmi View Post
    Stock. nothing done to the ski yet.
    You aren't hitting 8k on a RXP with a stock prop???
    sumthin's not right...

    JP

  7. #7
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    You aren't hitting 8k on a RXP with a stock prop???
    sumthin's not right...

    JP
    RXT...

  8. #8
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    RXT...
    oh, my bad
    but now you're talkin MY language
    sumthin's still not right

    JP

  9. #9
    SoFlaRiders Member mksmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamarac,FL (south Florida)
    Posts
    622
    I have 22 hours on it now. I was hopping i would gain some rpm by now. I used jb waterweld too. I used permatex silicone on the grate holes.

  10. #10
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by mksmi View Post
    I have 22 hours on it now. I was hopping i would gain some rpm by now. I used jb waterweld too. I used permatex silicone on the grate holes.
    You are getting good speed for a stock boat, but RPMs=speed, so there's more there...

    Get rid of the OPAS, and that will help on drag. Even when working properly, mine dragged...

    JP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First ride after some work
    By wolfking42084 in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 08:28 PM
  2. first ride after two months and warning ticket
    By mikem0987 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 01:45 PM
  3. Filling Rideplate holes
    By Brett541 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 08:39 PM
  4. first ride after modifications
    By gorilla03 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 11:32 PM
  5. First ride after rebuild, what do I do next????
    By seaobin in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 12:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •