Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Have Seen the X Series (RXP-X, RXT-T) and Yamaha SHO

I saw the new 2008 models today in NYC at the Javits Center Boat Show. The new Seadoos are very nice as pictured; as well as the Yamahas. The X Series Seadoos have a similar setup when lifting up the seat except the intercooler, which is supposed to be more power, is in the back. The rest of the show was like other years. I also asked the saleperson for Yamaha pertaining to the information about the horsepower rating; he explained about 220 hp. Any one have other news about the 2008s?

+1
    HUH? i thought the X's were not going to be there? And you say they were? Well maybe i will make a trip down mid week?

Hmm, maybe I will take the trip as well. I would like to see them!

+1
    Is the intercooler on the X under the coolant overflow tank? Did you see a strainer? Just trying to get and idea. Thanks

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what booth had the X skis?

the evinrude BRP booth?

or a private dealer ... (motorcycle mall or crazy freddy's?)

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    what booth had the X skis?

the evinrude BRP booth?

or a private dealer ... (motorcycle mall or crazy freddy's?)
    I believe it was Shady Tony's Slightly Used Boats without Titles or HIN Numbers

+1
    I did see that NY had the first boat show as advertised on the Seadoo.com website as beginning on the 29th (today). Go to the manufacturer's website and see the show listing and then get your cameras and post pics. I'm on the West Coast so I'm the last to get but wondering if they are delivering the X models around the time of the boat shows...

+1
    Could you buy one at the show? What about the Honda F-15x?

I hope they are available at the Miami Boat Show in Feb.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you can buy them at the show, but they aren't ready for delivery yet. I know of only one dealer in the area that got an X in inventory and i'm wondering if that's who brought it to the show or not.

Seadoo does not have an actial booth there... Like Yamaha for example has a 3500+ square foot booth or over $50 grand with every yamaha watercraft all pretty.. Seadoo has not been at the boat show in years... i know they have not been there since at least 2003.

usually it's up to private seadoo dealers to rent their own booth and supply their own product, so people generally are very disappointed with the seadoo showing.

same goes for kawasaki, they dont have a booth anymore for the past few years.

winter of 2003-2004 was a BIG year at the boat show in NYC... Polaris, Kawasaki, Honda, and Yamaha all had big corporate booths and there was a small private dealer there with the first ever RXP...

now the show consists of only Yamaha and that's it... a few kawis and seadoos u find scattered around maybe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    you can buy them at the show, but they aren't ready for delivery yet. I know of only one dealer in the area that got an X in inventory and i'm wondering if that's who brought it to the show or not.

Seadoo does not have an actial booth there... Like Yamaha for example has a 3500+ square foot booth or over $50 grand with every yamaha watercraft all pretty.. Seadoo has not been at the boat show in years... i know they have not been there since at least 2003.

usually it's up to private seadoo dealers to rent their own booth and supply their own product, so people generally are very disappointed with the seadoo showing.

same goes for kawasaki, they dont have a booth anymore for the past few years.

winter of 2003-2004 was a BIG year at the boat show in NYC... Polaris, Kawasaki, Honda, and Yamaha all had big corporate booths and there was a small private dealer there with the first ever RXP...

now the show consists of only Yamaha and that's it... a few kawis and seadoos u find scattered around maybe
    That is strange. Up here Sea-Doo has a full line booth and it is very well done. It takes two transports just to move it. There are no boat shows up here yet so it will be sitting somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information