Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

03' GP1300R mods.

Hey everyone, I am new here as you can see. I bought my ski this past summer after a couple year break from the watercraft world. I always have had more of a "luxury" ski in the past(a couple Tigersharks in the 90's and I bought a RXDI new in 02') rather than a performance ski. Well I am hooked on speed now. Always been into speed on land and now it is time to take it to the water.

So anyways, this is where you all come in, I need advice! What do I do to these ski>??? It has about 60hrs on it and runs perfect, I picked it up with 50hrs. I believe it may have an impeller as there is a shiny one in there, but I would have no idea what kind. I would like to make it a solid 75MPH ski with good reliability. Is that possible>??? I know the basics are remove the cat, free flow exhaust, ride plate, ETC. So what else. Is there a proven setup that works for what I want to do>??? I would like a little more sound out of it, will the cat removal and free flow give that to me>??? I have browsed around over the past week and could find all the help I think I need. I am new to modding jetskis but have been doing it with cars and trucks since before I started driving. Thanks in advance for any and all help! -Mat-

Welcome to the forum! The answer to your questions are going to depend on how much of your time you want to spend on this project and how much money you want to spend.

+1
    welcome to the forum !

+1
    Mat Welcome fellow CT rider to the hulk.

75 out of a 1300R is doable with mostly handling mods and raising compression.

Shelton is close to me. I grew up in Orange.
    Where do you ride?

Thanks for the welcome! I am usually on the Housatonic. I didn't use the ski nearly as much as I wanted to last year as I had no one to ride with. I launch up at Sunnyside school. I work in West Haven but don't have a permit to use the ramp. How about you>??? -Mat-

+1
    Last year mostly CT river Haddam to Hartford. Lake Zoar. We should hook up this summer. Is the Sunnyside ramp public? I grew up accros the river near great river. You work in West haven do you know Grantrans?
    Here is a thread of last years adventures.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20749

Sunnyside is not public, $50 for residents, $100 for out of towners. Grantrans is my competition. My brother and myself own Champion Transmission on Water St. I don't know Grantrans personally but he is probably the only guy I haven't heard anything bad about! We should definitely hook up, I need a riding buddy!

+1
    Sounds good. I work in Milford near the Truck Stop.

OK back on topic. The first thing to do is get a ride-plate. Step the sponsons and shim the trim tabs. Free flow and D-Plate. See what impeller you have. PPK kit to seal the pump shoe. Reinforce the Tunnel.

+1

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Sounds good. I work in Milford near the Truck Stop.

OK back on topic. The first thing to do is get a ride-plate. Step the sponsons and shim the trim tabs. Free flow and D-Plate. See what impeller you have. PPK kit to seal the pump shoe. Reinforce the Tunnel.
    change,fix that pump shoe #1 it suck but need todo it first
    after that step sponsons,grab one of there trick R&D ride plates,you have metal tim tabs so don't waste money on something ,just shim down .100.check search as to seal everything at right time with pump seal kit( make sure dress ppk flat before install .best bet just do search AND read (take 2 asprin call me in morning)
    later dr cd

O yes welcome here you have lots to learn (half the fun)
    Last edited by chip; 12-30-2007 at 07:22 PM.

+1
    I cant believe no one has said this but if your ski has the stock intake grate on it, thake it off and smash it whith the biggest hammer you have.
    THIS IS A SAFETY THING.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information