Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Pump seal kit... A couple questions.

Hi, I just want to make sure I'm about to install my pump seal correctly. I have everything taken out. So now (tommorow) I will set each new piece over the voids in the pump, and see where they fit. Then put a little bit of 5200 on both pump, and new piece correct? Then I push all of them down.. and put it in my ski, to make sure it fits. I lastly put silicone all over my new pump seal piece, but not in the bolts of course, and around where I'm going to have it sit on my hull. torque it down to 12lb. And there we go its done?!

Is that how you do it? PLEASE post if I'm missing a step, or anything.... I would rather take the time and do it right the first time, then have to redo it.

+1
    this might help you out a lil bit. but there is one thing that is missing....put a couple of drops of 5200 in the holes before you put the rubber inserts in to ensure that they stay in. but don't put too much in for the will stick out. after you insert them they will be raised just a hair. take some sand paper and sand the excess that sticks up so when you bolt it up you can push the shoe all the way up. but other than that it's pretty easy. i did my first pump plug kit ever and took about 40-45 minutes from start to finish. this is the link that i went by this will help out alot.....

http://69.28.79.48/Instructions/ry2520.pdf

+1
    The rubber must be trimmed flush with the mounting surface. When the shoe is mounted, it should be recessed.

Do a dry run by mounting it without any 5200 and make sure that it is recessed.

5200 is good when everything is mounted PERFECTLY the 1st time, and really tough to work with if it needs to be removed.

+1
    I learned this recently (here). You need to be 100% certain that pump shoe is up there. Take a floor jack and lift the back of the ski @ the middle of the pump shoe - then torque it down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    this might help you out a lil bit. but there is one thing that is missing....put a couple of drops of 5200 in the holes before you put the rubber inserts in to ensure that they stay in. but don't put too much in for the will stick out. http://69.28.79.48/Instructions/ry2520.pdf
    So put some 5200 in the void, then put the rubber inserts in? or is the hole a different thing?!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    I learned this recently (here). You need to be 100% certain that pump shoe is up there. Take a floor jack and lift the back of the ski @ the middle of the pump shoe - then torque it down.
    My ski sits on a PWC cart.. so its raised alot higher. A jack won't get that high..............?

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    My ski sits on a PWC cart.. so its raised alot higher. A jack won't get that high..............?
    put blocks between the jack and the ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    So put some 5200 in the void, then put the rubber inserts in? or is the hole a different thing?!
    exactly!!!

i'll piggyback on this thread, because when i start tearing the ski down for winterizing and a tuneup, this will be the first thing that happens.

would it be possible to fill the shoe voids COMPLETELY with marine sealant? i would think that one could do it little by little until the entire void is filled

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information