Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: key problems

key problems

how long does it take to reprogram a key?

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    less than 5 minutes. Very easy with BUDS software.

+1
    Yes, the dealer hooks up the ski to BUDS will their 'cord' and it programs a new key pretty fast. I witnessed this at Mudbug when NCheel's key was stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    less than 5 minutes. Very easy with BUDS software.
    Maybe less than that .....In the real world, You have to 1, realized that you lost your key...2nd you have to make an appointment to get your ski to the dealership, because they are the only one that have the "Bud" system....Sea Poo only sell it to Dearlership and is upgraded everytime, unless your......GOD... ...so your back to square 1......$ 70.00 for the fast key and the learnining key that only makes your RXP goes 35 MPH......down the ocean in a Rockfish's mouth.....going VROMMMM...BROMMMMMMM......FISH WISH! LOL.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    having buds makes my life easy, your dealers suck I have read so many posts on various boards about the delays and prices from seadoo dealers and I cant believe how bad they are. Overpriced and slow.
    We are a dealer and have the brp support (a waste of time they just say update buds that should fix it!) but we are more like a small privately owned shop that work on all models and have buds our hourly rate is $67nz and parts are generally overnight we program keys while people wait, most repairs and servicing is same day turn around, we stock genuine and performance parts, build and tune race skis,
    Just hate to think we are put into the same barrel as the dealers you have to use over there.

Jason.......

Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    having buds makes my life easy, your dealers suck I have read so many posts on various boards about the delays and prices from seadoo dealers and I cant believe how bad they are. Overpriced and slow.
    We are a dealer and have the brp support (a waste of time they just say update buds that should fix it!) but we are more like a small privately owned shop that work on all models and have buds our hourly rate is $67nz and parts are generally overnight we program keys while people wait, most repairs and servicing is same day turn around, we stock genuine and performance parts, build and tune race skis,
    Just hate to think we are put into the same barrel as the dealers you have to use over there.

Jason.......
    I agree with you 1000%. Gentelmen, We have found "GOD" Bad thing is, he's "NOT" in the U S A. Good thing is, He can post in english, better than my "broken made in china english"......Dear God, I promise to be good at Green Hulk. I would always honor "butter bean's theory", my green weenie will always stay inside my pocket. and praise to Princess, SHE Rocks!(inside joke) Please New Zealand God is there anyway in your power to make me a hard copy of that "BUDDY" System....

Well very long story short ..... I lost the key firday night and I took the waverunner in to get the key saturday morning and payed for the new key they said that it would take ten mins it has now be two weeks and I still dont have my waverunner back. They say it my be a problem with the ecu or the wireing harness. But how could this be if the ski worked perfectly fine the night before??

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
    Well very long story short ..... I lost the key firday night and I took the waverunner in to get the key saturday morning and payed for the new key they said that it would take ten mins it has now be two weeks and I still dont have my waverunner back. They say it my be a problem with the ecu or the wireing harness. But how could this be if the ski worked perfectly fine the night before??
    Well your first problem was you took a Waverunner to a Sea Doo shop

Second problem seems to be they are a bunch of schiesters.

I forgot a key at the house one day...instead of an hour+ round trip I hit a marina at the lake with the skis in tow. I left 30 min later and...$30 or so lighter.

I'm with Darth, somebody's trying to rip you off.

i dont think its the dealer...i think it could be the hiring harness or the ecu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information