Thread: 06 rxp problems

06 rxp problems

has any one had any problems with there 06 rxp did they fix the sc problems

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    too soon to tell... 2006 just started! most people might have 10-15 hours on their 06 skis at the MOST...

is the problem FIXED? hells no.... but they MAY have prolonged the wear interval... and the rider's habits also play a pretty large role in the failure interval

what problem

i am about to buy 2 - 06 models and rxt and an rxp for here in south flroda... what problems are occurring...

thanks in advance

+1
    David: The weakest link on these boats is the supercharger clutch- it is well documented on this site- if you're not familiar with this issue do a board search and read all about it- there will be plenty.

+1
    there's a "wear" item inside the Seadoo supercharged machines. it's basically a design that's not bulletproof and undergoes wear and tear. it's covered under warranty if u were to ever see the issue. It's the clutch for the supercharger. it needs to be within certain torque specs to function properly. if the torque drops, your supercharger slips because the clutch does not have enough tension on it. Causes dramatic drop in performance.

requires a dealer to pull your supercharger off and put a new shaft and clutch kit in the SC housing.

not everyone sees the problem. world-wide failure rate is very low actually. high performance modified machines and those that do very rough water riding are the ones most prone to seeing this issue arise. again, it's fixable and warranteed.

now go buy an 06 RXP and RXT... u wont regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    there's a "wear" item inside the Seadoo supercharged machines. it's basically a design that's not bulletproof and undergoes wear and tear. it's covered under warranty if u were to ever see the issue. It's the clutch for the supercharger. it needs to be within certain torque specs to function properly. if the torque drops, your supercharger slips because the clutch does not have enough tension on it. Causes dramatic drop in performance.

requires a dealer to pull your supercharger off and put a new shaft and clutch kit in the SC housing.

not everyone sees the problem. world-wide failure rate is very low actually. high performance modified machines and those that do very rough water riding are the ones most prone to seeing this issue arise. again, it's fixable and warranteed.

now go buy an 06 RXP and RXT... u wont regret it
    You forgot to mention the fact that sometimes the ceramic discs EXPLODE sending shrapnel into the engine requiring removal of the engine and replacement of a few components that are always on backorder.

+1
    honestly... i purposely left that part out so we don't scare the guy away

I figured as much, but before plunking 20K + he needs to see the entire picture. He should also know there are metal washers to replace the ceramic and they should solve the problem all together.

David,
    Where is South FL are you. I bought a 2005 rxp and rxt and live in the WPB area.

I have no problems with my 05's and I doubt the 06 are worse but it is too soon to tell.

i am in boca raton

Thread Information