Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DandSPro or Jammer1

Good Morning....Happy New Year,

Jammer1,

Instead of thread jacking I'll ask here.

I saw the pics where he cut out a hole in the rear seat for the intake filter to stick up through....be covered by flo-rite or something else...you mentioned a second seat? No?....one to be used when rec riding with the mrs ect.

How does his intake function at that time?

Happy new Year,
    VaRedneck, the intake pipe was design to fit under the factory seat below the storage tray line. So when you install the stock rear seat you will have enough clearance for the intake. By doing so, it also eliminates the air filter. It very rare that I carry anybody in the second seat. So installing the rear stock seat is not done to often. I have enough air coming in through the hull for the cold air intake. You just don't have as much of an opening to allow the hot air to get released from the engine compartment.
    On rare occassion if the other boat is not available I'll use this boat as a camera platform for tow-in surfing events or doing filming for a commercial or TV show in which case I'll install the stock rear seat and install the other intake setup ( riva set-up) which keeps the filter out of harms way. Under those conditions the boat rarely get run hard, so heat is not an issue.

Have a safe New Year,

DandSPro

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Good Morning....Happy New Year,

Jammer1,

Instead of thread jacking I'll ask here.

I saw the pics where he cut out a hole in the rear seat for the intake filter to stick up through....be covered by flo-rite or something else...you mentioned a second seat? No?....one to be used when rec riding with the mrs ect.

How does his intake function at that time?
    Last edited by DandSPro; 01-01-2008 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DandSPro View Post
    ...the intake pipe was design to fit under the factory seat below the storage tray line. So when you install the stock rear seat you will have enough clearance for the intake. By doing so, it also eliminates the air filter....I have enough air coming in through the hull for the cold air intake. You just don't have as much of an opening to allow the hot air to get released from the engine compartment...
    Please excuse my confusion...

To use the functional rear seat you need to swap out the intake as well?...the riva set up...up front?....or just a 90* off the SC to a filter...?
    Last edited by VaRedneck; 01-01-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Please excuse my confusion...

To use the functional rear seat you need to swap out the intake as well?...the riva set up...up front?....or just a 90* off the SC to a filter...?
    No when the functional rear seat is in place the intake does not have to be change. There will an occassion when we have both boats working. We only change to the riva set up when we use the boat for tow-in surfing and other events. We only do that just to make sure we can prevent water ingesting in case of getting a wave over the back side of the boat. We've rolled over, swamped the backside of the other boat without fear of getting water into the filter with the riva set-up. With the rear intake even under the stock seat it might draw some water in.
    I hope I make more sense..

DandSPro

I've probably got this wrong...not unusual.

Okay....when you take the filter off, place the functional rear seat in place, the intake plumbing clears the under side of the rear seat. You leave that pipe/tube open?....also..how does it draw cool air?...or does it?
    Last edited by VaRedneck; 01-01-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DandSPro View Post
    No when the functional rear seat is in place the intake does not have to be change. There will an occassion when we have both boats working. We only change to the riva set up when we use the boat for tow-in surfing and other events. We only do that just to make sure we can prevent water ingesting in case of getting a wave over the back side of the boat. We've rolled over, swamped the backside of the other boat without fear of getting water into the filter with the riva set-up. With the rear intake even under the stock seat it might draw some water in.
    I hope I make more sense..

DandSPro
    Better sense than I did???? Post the pictures again here please.

Okay....when you take the filter off, the intake plumbing clears the functional rear seat. You leave that open?....also..how does it draw cool air?...or does it?
    VaRedneck, he will get back to you later. He's doing "New Years Honey Doo's list" like all Sea Doo owners.....I can hear mine yelling at me already....gotta go, before plates and pans start flying towards me

Okay....when you take the filter off, the intake plumbing clears the functional rear seat. You leave that open?....also..how does it draw cool air?...or does it?
    It will draw air from the front portion of the boat, the rear of the storage box has been cut out (below the fire extingisher) to allow some what of an air flow through the engine compartment. Granted this not the most effective way for fresh air to get in. But it does work. Again we only do this when needed, which is not very often. 99% of the time we run the filter through the seat.

DandSPro

Here are some pictures of the filter set up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1787.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	50468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1790.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	50469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1793.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	50470  

The last photo has the red cover to replace the flowrite which we use as a travel cover.

DandSPro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1794.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	50471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1786.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	50472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1783.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	50473  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information