BUDs s/w on Ebay

Check this out
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sea-D...QQcmdZViewItem

I thought there was no way a non dealer could use this application, as it required a unique dealer ID (or something of this nature)? Like all s/w I guess it can be cracked, however just curious if this is a scam or not. Also a 4mph gain? Do not mean to be negative, but 4mph is a lot by simply adjusting the rev limiter or fuel map alone...I would think you would need the hardware to go along with it.

+1
    All he is selling is the program...thats it...Notice no cables or any hardeware to go with it.. Trust me Shibby will probley chime in on this one and set the facts straight...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    From what I understand the software is easy to acquire, the hardware is the lock. Requires more than just a cable there is a interface box that is also required.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    From what I understand the software is easy to acquire, the hardware is the lock. Requires more than just a cable there is a interface box that is also required.
    Did you see there was a whole kit for sale on ebay a couple of weeks ago? The auction was up to $2500! I was thinking to myself that there still is a dealer number (code) you need to operate this??

The dealer number (dealer code) is needed to unlock the software, as the interface needed to communicate with the vehicle, it's knowned as a VCK (vehicle communication kit)

Don't buy Pinkish/violet handheld mpem programmer, it IS NOT working with the 4tec's, it works only with older sea-ski that were using the mpem modules.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 01-04-2008 at 12:49 PM.

There have been several BUDS systems on Ebay lately, BRP used to have the auction's removed. The auction you saw is for the BUDS program only, it is usless, I can make copies all day and sell it too, but it wont work unless you have the VCK, wich is not sold to the public, and it is not used anymore, BRP change the VCK last year and all old Boxes wont work anymore unless updated, and you need to get the passcode from BRP, wich is a dealer only item, and time sensitive, it is only good for a certian amount of time, then has to be reset.

Banned User
    If you are a seadoo dealer you must by this BUDS system and its expensive! i saw a full BUDS system on ebay for $4000 (software, cables, VCK code and unlock dealer key) all from 2007 Y.

I ask my dealer to buy his BUDS and this asshole want 10.000 bucks for this stuff!

ciao, brani

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by branix View Post
    If you are a seadoo dealer you must by this BUDS system and its expensive! i saw a full BUDS system on ebay for $4000 (software, cables, VCK code and unlock dealer key) all from 2007 Y.

I ask my dealer to buy his BUDS and this asshole want 10.000 bucks for this stuff!

ciao, brani
    I bet if you flashed some cash in front of his face he will change his mind in a heart beat or two.

i bet your right cbrich

Thread Information