Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Motor City Powersports!!!!

So back in June I went to Motor City Powersports in Oakland County Michigan (where I reside) to look for a new toy. I was thinking about a small dirt bike, something to screw around with when I am bored...Live on a golf course.

I went in and after looking around I asked the salesman about a possible waverunner...after some discussion...caught in the moment...I went to pick out a waverunner in the used lot. I told him I want something fast! He takes me over to a 01 SeaDoo RX-X and tells me it was a guy he knows and he added all the performance parts...twin powdercoated pipes etc. It had low hours so I decided to buy it. I took it to the lake and the thing would start and die.

I did some research only to find out it was a stock race bike and it came with all of those parts. I also learned that you have to rebuild the top end every season due to it's high reving 2 stroke. I realize I should have done some research before buying, but this salesman didn't know Sh*t. I ended up going back and trading (after some serious yelling) for my 04 RXP.

I took that up north the higgens lake and the focker wouldn't start moving until you reved it up a bunch (turned out to be a shot wear ring). I docked it and went to dinner. I came back and it SUNK!!! Some exhaust boot or ring was missing they said and tried to charge me! Remember, I just picked it up and this is the first time it hit water....

The service lady says "water ingestion=customer fault"! I replied with "shitty dealership sells faulty ski=I am not paying you turds a dime".

Now after joining this site and doing much needed reading I know enough to work on my toy myself. Just wanted to give a heads up to any ski newbie so stay away from Motor City Powersports, formally known as Anderson's powersports. The techs do half ass work and the sales people know as much about ski's as a premature baby. I LOVE THIS SITE AND IT'S GOING TO COST ME MY JOB BECAUSE AS WE SPEAK IM WRITING THIS AND NOT WORKING!!!!

Good reading

A picture of your face when finding your ski on the bottom would be priceless

I can just agree with you..
    This site is just the best!!
    You can save some som big bucks after some reading, but usually end up spending a lot of bucks on performance parts

I LIKE IT

+1

PM

Sean,
    Check your PM's and give me a call.
    Thanks, Travis (TCR)

+1
    hey.. don't feel too bad, i did my research for a long time on the RXXs and still bought the damn thing only to blow the motor 9 hrs later! it had absolutely 0 hours on it when i bought it! no warranty! kicking myself still... atleast i wised up and went for the rxp! good choice!

This site has cost me thousands. I love it

I actually go to motorcity powersports for everything (parts for ski and sleds, new toys etc.) Bought my gf's new ski there last summer. I haven't really had any problems with them. My sales guy was cool. I don't really take the ski in for anything. After all, they are still a dealer, and when my newbie ass can talk more tech than their 80 per hour service guys I get scared.

Sorry about your bad luck though. I can see why you hate them.

hah don't get me wrong the guys there are nice...but that has nothing to do with their knowledge. I also know the owner and talked with him for over an hour at an Italian Car show this summer at a golf course. I still hate the place and will never let them set eyes on my ski again!

+1

Unhappy

This site sux,,,I just keep spending money and all these turds wanna do is kick me out. Thank GOD I`m a great savey computer guy and get to find the backdoor and get in. All these guys like BUTTER BEANS? Why? Because they are jetskiers and thats just sick enough.

Plus they had me an avatar with a dunce cap,,,,and it was red.+

Coulda been yellow or blue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TCR View Post
    Sean,
    Check your PM's and give me a call.
    Thanks, Travis (TCR)
    if i was up north my skis or any others would go to TCR...good guy knows his chit

+1
    Stop it boy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information