Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: valve upgrade

valve upgrade

i was just woundering is it needed or any benfit to upgrading my valves because i have been told that when i do put an ecu on my ski and up grade the supercharger that it would be wise to upgrade my valve springs exc. so just woundering bout the valves as well if its needed

yes i know bou the vavle train up grade kit but that still doesnt explain if i should switch to the light weight valves

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEY View Post
    yes i know bou the vavle train up grade kit but that still doesnt explain if i should switch to the light weight valves
    How high do you plan on running it? If you are using the Rotax or Riva ecu---most would agree that you will be fine with the valvetrain kit and stock valves.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post
    How high do you plan on running it? If you are using the Rotax or Riva ecu---most would agree that you will be fine with the valvetrain kit and stock valves.
    Exactly, it is not necessary for your application.

+1
    Supercharger selection has nothing to do with it

If you run an afermarket ECU with higher rev limit then you want to do the Riva valvetrain upgrade.

I have run the stock valves and Riva upgrade as high as 9000 RPM's with my Rotax Racing EMS system but i don't recommend it.

If you go the programmable EMS route and will be spinning your engine as high as 9000 or more then i highly recommend you get the lightweight valves i have in my online store.

+1
    The sodium filled stock valves do break even if you run the stock ECU im doing a motor now from a 04 stage 1 that dropped a valve in #1 cyl motor has 85 hrs.I run the Riva valve spring kit and the s/s valves from Jerry's store on my two s/c and turbo skis with no worries.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    if you do the valves having the head off gives you the opportunity to do the block guard and head studs and clean up the stock ports ....then you should bue good to go for any supercharger avalible and not worry about break downsmaybe even that new cam while you are there if the $$$alows

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rab1 View Post
    The sodium filled stock valves do break even if you run the stock ECU im doing a motor now from a 04 stage 1 that dropped a valve in #1 cyl motor has 85 hrs.I run the Riva valve spring kit and the s/s valves from Jerry's store on my two s/c and turbo skis with no worries.
    the stock exaust valves have been updated by ROTAX on all RXP/RXT after 05, they dont break anymore !!!

I don't believe the block guard to be a benefit in our application, but I would like to hear others opinions on it, from anyone that is using one. The are mainly used for drag racing, when they are making crazy torque, and when cooling is not as much of a concern because they only run for a dozen or so seconds at a time.

For anyone thats not familiar with these, By adding the block guard, you gain/lose the following.

- Upside
    Prevents Cylinder walk, by adding anchoring to the cylinder at the top, to resist side to side movement. This helps ensure that the cylinder does not move side from to side, and stays perpendicular under extreme pressures, when your running crazy power.

- Downside
    You loose cooling power by using one of these. The area the block gaurd occupies is usually filled with coolant. When you add the block gaurd, you restrict the coolant flow to the holes in the block gaurd.
    Last edited by boostaholic; 01-03-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information