Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Continuation: To catch or not to catch can

Couldn`t find original thread so I started another. For those who HAVE to evac the catch can there is a really easy way as I just did it to mine. There are 2 lines for the automatic bildge. T off one line before the one-way valve. It will probably render that bildge line useless to bildge (don`t really know. Will have to run mine in the water with some water in the hull to see if its removing any in that particular line. But it does create a vacuum at the catch can. Just open the drain on it. Never drain the catch can again and positively ventilate the crankcase. Not much but more so than without it.

I bet the fish are lovin that one. Could you not use another tube and then just have it go in the extra hole outside the pump. I believe they just work on the syphon of water movement. A better idea would be to use the oil catch can and just have the tube above the crankcase inlet and used for vacuum. I like it though for an easy vacuum without using the intake. Probably not as strong but better than nothing.
    I found about 2 cup's of oil in my catch can from riding this weekend for only a couple hours. Took pictures I'll try to post later.

Anyone have a pic of the hole that can be used next to the pump. I believe some people were using it for bilge.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    A better idea would be to use the oil catch can and just have the tube above the crankcase inlet and used for vacuum.

I found about 2 cup's of oil in my catch can from riding this weekend for only a couple hours.
    1. What tube / inlet are you talking about ur using for vaccuum?????

2. 2 cups of oil from riding in one weekend? like what kind of cups? real full size measured cups? You got issues in the machine... is is watereed down, or actual real oil?

My sentence came out incorrect. I meant a better idea would be place a tube going above the inlet of the crankcase to the area next to the pump that people are using for bilge then run a loop up high to stop water from coming back up the tube.

This way oil would still go to the can but you would have vacuum pressure to the crankcase.

I had maybe about a real cup of oil. You've got to remember this was the first time I've had it out sine my ski was being at the 60so degree angle so it's probably overflowed oil or something. I wasn't going to worry about it unless I got another batch of it. The oil wasn't watery or anything either.
    Just need to check my oil next time I go out.

+1
    I really don`t know that the fish would mind too much. The small amout would be deffinately immulsified by the thrust wash. I never had any oil in my catch can since install. Water that I attribute to condensation in the line and the smell of gasoline. Thats it.

+1
    If you tow your ski, that line could run in reverse.. just be careful.

Mine is usually just lined a little at the bottom but one time last season and so far once this season I get a good bit of it almost a cup but my oil level will be fine.

I'm going to try to find that connection next to the pump and see about running a hose to it. I would like some sort of vacuum pressure on my crankcase breather. The bilge would be great but I like the thought that the stock bilges pull out the rummaging water without it being over 2 inches.

+1
    No it can`t. There is a valve installed (grey in color) just for this purpose. This was in response to supermac`s post.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    I never had any oil in my catch can since install. Water that I attribute to condensation in the line and the smell of gasoline. Thats it.
    same here... i get very very minimal collection in my can, and whatever is in it is VERY thin and smells just like gas... maybe a full tablespoon of that watered down oily gas in 5 hours of run time

Quote Originally Posted by supermac
    If you tow your ski, that line could run in reverse.. just be careful.
    and suck up MUD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information