+1

1300 Jetting - Is this still right ?

Fercho was kind enough to post this a while back. Does anyone else have a suggestion for a starting point ?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30369

This is for a mildly ported 1300, VF3's and STOCK carbs. I plan to break it in on the stock ignition and then add my Advent.

Where do I start with the turns ?

Copied from Fercho's post.

1300 GPR single piper conversion (Ported), Flame arrestors, Advent CDI Yam 84 Engine, No accelerator pump

Stock, Novi modified, Prok Atomizers or RPM modified (Stock Bore)

115 Pilots
    135 Mains
    1.5 N/s
    80 Gram Spring

+1
    1 1/2 on all screws is a good starting piont. Keep an eye on the plugs.

+1
    plus drill out fuel returns and add an inline restrictor with 105 jet on return line to equalize pressure across the carbs.

+1
    Personally, based on my nearly 4 years with a ported 1200/1300 conversion with stock carbs, I think 135 mains are way too big. I've run those, and they are doggy. 130's have worked great for me with plenty of tuning window. I'm in south Texas, so I guess living in a different part of the counrty may change your needs. But I ride on occasion in 50 degree weather and the 130's do the trick.

+1
    I ran a similar set-up except I had 2.0 N&S and Gold spring 1-1/4 on lows for break-in and 1-1/2 on highs. I have the chokes removed and ran Proks with outerwears for break-in. This was definitely a fat set-up and for break-in that was fine. I do need to lean it out a bit to bring my rpms up I am at 7050. I have removed the outerwears set the low speed screw to 1 turn high to 1-1/4 but have not been out to try it. I will be adjusting the high down to get best rpm and then will rejet as necessary.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Personally, based on my nearly 4 years with a ported 1200/1300 conversion with stock carbs, I think 135 mains are way too big. I've run those, and they are doggy. 130's have worked great for me with plenty of tuning window. I'm in south Texas, so I guess living in a different part of the counrty may change your needs. But I ride on occasion in 50 degree weather and the 130's do the trick.
    Were you runing the 1.5 N/S ?

I am concerned about the 130's because everything seems to run a little leaner up here in the North.

My 1200 liked the 125's over 120's which is making me lean towards the 135.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I ran a similar set-up except I had 2.0 N&S and Gold spring 1-1/4 on lows for break-in and 1-1/2 on highs. I have the chokes removed and ran Proks with outerwears for break-in. This was definitely a fat set-up and for break-in that was fine. I do need to lean it out a bit to bring my rpms up I am at 7050. I have removed the outerwears set the low speed screw to 1 turn high to 1-1/4 but have not been out to try it. I will be adjusting the high down to get best rpm and then will rejet as necessary.
    Does the N/S spring combination effect the pop off pressure most (or only thing) ? I just wondered why the 2.0 and Gold spring - of course I dont want it sluggish on the bottom.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Were you runing the 1.5 N/S ?

I am concerned about the 130's because everything seems to run a little leaner up here in the North.

My 1200 liked the 125's over 120's which is making me lean towards the 135.
    Yes, 1.5's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Does the N/S spring combination effect the pop off pressure most (or only thing) ? I just wondered why the 2.0 and Gold spring - of course I dont want it sluggish on the bottom.
    The N&S combo is what you use to get your desired Pop-off.
    Mine is a bit sluggish, but I feel I can dial it in. I would like the added fuel available by the 2.0, if I can not get past it I may go back down to 1.5's. I know others running it and it works for them so I will invest the time and work it a bit.

Thread Information