Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Intake Manifold

  1. #1
    1BAD07RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, South River, Edgewater, MD
    Posts
    105

    Intake Manifold

    So Jerry I was thinking about buying a external intercooler but the word is you are fabbing a whole intake manifold up with a bigger internal intercooler . What can you tell us about that price, any flow tests, heat soak compared to stock manifold. Seems like I need to wait and buy one from the online store.


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Im sorry, but i don't have any hard pricing yet. Still sourcing out many vendors on the CNC flange/intake runners and trying to decide which intercooler core i want to use. This project is still quite a ways off from production so i don't advise you wait on me.

    I already have a running prototype and it shows a huge improvement over a remote mounted intercooler. I also read nearly 1 psi more boost pressure with this setup. Throttle response is unreal!

  3. #3
    1BAD07RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, South River, Edgewater, MD
    Posts
    105
    Wow seems like your well on the way . I just hate to fill my hull with all that plumbing.

  4. #4
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Im sorry, but i don't have any hard pricing yet. Still sourcing out many vendors on the CNC flange/intake runners and trying to decide which intercooler core i want to use. This project is still quite a ways off from production so i don't advise you wait on me.

    I already have a running prototype and it shows a huge improvement over a remote mounted intercooler. I also read nearly 1 psi more boost pressure with this setup. Throttle response is unreal!
    Will we see it in produciton this summer. Your first comment was 3 to 4 months away but this last email seems to give me some doubts. Any reassurance. I am in lingo on what to do as want an External IC but could wait until Spring if new that this product was coming down the road.

    Good Luck getting to Production!!!

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    I'm hoping by spring!

  6. #6
    1BAD07RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, South River, Edgewater, MD
    Posts
    105
    Spring or even summer its worth the wait for me atleast

  7. #7
    Jeepster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    754

    Talking

    Yeah same for me...i could always run the RR high Boost on the OEM stock intercooler waiting for this one, but Jerry seem to say it might be getting a bit costly...i sure hope there will be enough demand so that prices can be realistics.

    Let's wait and see...let us know Jerry...at least many peoples here seem interested, and your results looks good...very interesting indeed.

  8. #8
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    Yeah same for me...i could always run the RR high Boost on the OEM stock intercooler waiting for this one, but Jerry seem to say it might be getting a bit costly...i sure hope there will be enough demand so that prices can be realistics.

    Let's wait and see...let us know Jerry...at least many peoples here seem interested, and your results looks good...very interesting indeed.

    Yea, but if you go riva IC your looking atleast 1,500 i believe. Surely it want blow that figure away.

  9. #9
    DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    41
    Not sure of how it will compare in price to the Riva intercooler. But it may be along that price line since it is replacing the intercooler and the intake. I am sure that if the Riva ICs were a bit more reasonable that would be Jerrry's first choice for this project.

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Yea, but if you go riva IC your looking atleast 1,500 i believe. Surely it want blow that figure away.
    You would be shocked to see what just the billet CNC flange and intake runners cost This is the main factor holding me back.

    Then factor in the cost of an intercooler core which can range from $400 all the way up to $900 just for the core. I haven't decided which one to go with yet. Add an end tank to that, billet flange to mount the TB, fabrication, welding, ECU mount, fuel rail bolt bosses, mandrel bent plumbing from the SC to the throttle body and you have yourself a very expensive piece of hardware.

    This is not going to be cheap by any means. Im trying to keep the cost down as much as possible but if i can't keep it reasonable i will scratch the idea all together.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. V-Force intake manifold gaskets
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
  2. 1300 gpr boost intake manifold
    By rossnemo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
  3. RXP Intake Manifold
    By HOSS in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 10:19 PM
  4. Concerning intake manifolds
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 10:15 PM
  5. Intake manifold? Throttle body?
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •