Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Intake Manifold

Chesapeake Bay, South River, Edgewater, MD

Intake Manifold

So Jerry I was thinking about buying a external intercooler but the word is you are fabbing a whole intake manifold up with a bigger internal intercooler . What can you tell us about that price, any flow tests, heat soak compared to stock manifold. Seems like I need to wait and buy one from the online store.

+1
    Im sorry, but i don't have any hard pricing yet. Still sourcing out many vendors on the CNC flange/intake runners and trying to decide which intercooler core i want to use. This project is still quite a ways off from production so i don't advise you wait on me.

I already have a running prototype and it shows a huge improvement over a remote mounted intercooler. I also read nearly 1 psi more boost pressure with this setup. Throttle response is unreal!

Wow seems like your well on the way . I just hate to fill my hull with all that plumbing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Im sorry, but i don't have any hard pricing yet. Still sourcing out many vendors on the CNC flange/intake runners and trying to decide which intercooler core i want to use. This project is still quite a ways off from production so i don't advise you wait on me.

I already have a running prototype and it shows a huge improvement over a remote mounted intercooler. I also read nearly 1 psi more boost pressure with this setup. Throttle response is unreal!
    Will we see it in produciton this summer. Your first comment was 3 to 4 months away but this last email seems to give me some doubts. Any reassurance. I am in lingo on what to do as want an External IC but could wait until Spring if new that this product was coming down the road.

Good Luck getting to Production!!!

+1
    I'm hoping by spring!

Spring or even summer its worth the wait for me atleast

Talking

Yeah same for me...i could always run the RR high Boost on the OEM stock intercooler waiting for this one, but Jerry seem to say it might be getting a bit costly...i sure hope there will be enough demand so that prices can be realistics.

Let's wait and see...let us know Jerry...at least many peoples here seem interested, and your results looks good...very interesting indeed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    Yeah same for me...i could always run the RR high Boost on the OEM stock intercooler waiting for this one, but Jerry seem to say it might be getting a bit costly...i sure hope there will be enough demand so that prices can be realistics.

Let's wait and see...let us know Jerry...at least many peoples here seem interested, and your results looks good...very interesting indeed.

Yea, but if you go riva IC your looking atleast 1,500 i believe. Surely it want blow that figure away.

+1
    Not sure of how it will compare in price to the Riva intercooler. But it may be along that price line since it is replacing the intercooler and the intake. I am sure that if the Riva ICs were a bit more reasonable that would be Jerrry's first choice for this project.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Yea, but if you go riva IC your looking atleast 1,500 i believe. Surely it want blow that figure away.
    You would be shocked to see what just the billet CNC flange and intake runners cost This is the main factor holding me back.

Then factor in the cost of an intercooler core which can range from $400 all the way up to $900 just for the core. I haven't decided which one to go with yet. Add an end tank to that, billet flange to mount the TB, fabrication, welding, ECU mount, fuel rail bolt bosses, mandrel bent plumbing from the SC to the throttle body and you have yourself a very expensive piece of hardware.

This is not going to be cheap by any means. Im trying to keep the cost down as much as possible but if i can't keep it reasonable i will scratch the idea all together.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information