Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Where did you guys install the...

Where did you guys install the switch for your aftermarket bilge pump? And what switch did you use?

I wired mine in a dumb place, and am just going to re-wire it to a difference location with a new switch... where I have it, the hole it was at.. I will put marinetex in it, nobody will ever see it ....

Please post pictures, of the install and tell what switch you have... thanks!

+1
    what toggle is that chris?

It is a wareproof switch I bought from the hardware store. Acehardware to be exact.

+1
    EW lala I have an acehardware... down the street.. is it the one that comes with the boot? And did you run your wires through that hull by the handlebars?

+1
    i have the plate, and will get the switch tomorrow... can I install the switch and plate tomorrow... or would it be better to wait for the tach to come and install them at the same time...

my engine won't be running for awhile, so I think I will install the tach later on more towards like spring... cause wires would just be in the way..

so question, can I install the CF handlebar plate and switch... and then later on when the engine is done, install the tach?

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    i have the plate, and will get the switch tomorrow... can I install the switch and plate tomorrow... or would it be better to wait for the tach to come and install them at the same time...

my engine won't be running for awhile, so I think I will install the tach later on more towards like spring... cause wires would just be in the way..

so question, can I install the CF handlebar plate and switch... and then later on when the engine is done, install the tach?
    It is really much easier to install stuff up there through the handle bar hole if the plate isn't there. I would install it all at the same time.

+1
    Alright... should I like install the tach, and then just like zip tie the cords up and just let them hang?

and also chris, how did you bolt your tach down.. I know you said you used bolts and longer screws.. but how did you bolt them down?

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    Alright... should I like install the tach, and then just like zip tie the cords up and just let them hang?

and also chris, how did you bolt your tach down.. I know you said you used bolts and longer screws.. but how did you bolt them down?
    This is what I did but this is what I would do if I did it again.

I would place the crabon fiber plate next to the hole and see where you want the switch. Then tape over the area, drill the hole. Install the switch and run the wires. Run the wiresfor the tach but leave it hanging for now. Then install the plate. I used rivets to do this. Looks best this way. Then when that is installed look to see where you want to place the tach. I placed it other lower rim of the hole. Taped over the area. Then I placed the tach down. Marked the holes over the tape. Drilled the holes. Bought two bolts from the hardware store and two matching nuts. I then put the bolts through and treaded the nutes on the bolts on the back side. This was tough but do able. I just then held the nut with my finger and turned the screws to tighten it.

Thats how you should do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    This is what I did but this is what I would do if I did it again.

I would place the crabon fiber plate next to the hole and see where you want the switch. Then tape over the area, drill the hole. Install the switch and run the wires. Run the wiresfor the tach but leave it hanging for now. Then install the plate. I used rivets to do this. Looks best this way. Then when that is installed look to see where you want to place the tach. I placed it other lower rim of the hole. Taped over the area. Then I placed the tach down. Marked the holes over the tape. Drilled the holes. Bought two bolts from the hardware store and two matching nuts. I then put the bolts through and treaded the nutes on the bolts on the back side. This was tough but do able. I just then held the nut with my finger and turned the screws to tighten it.

Thats how you should do it.
    Wouldn't it be easier to lay the plate down, tape over the hole for the switch, and find the 2 holes to cut for the tach ( still haven't riveted the plate down)... then take the plate off, and bolt the tach down, and screw the switch on.. (plate off ski.. like on a table do this). Then go over to the ski, run the bilge wire up the hole... and solder or screw it down to the switch that is attached to the plate. Also test it, and make sure that when you flip it up it turns on or however you want it... and then push the tach wires down the hole, and then rivet the plate down?

I think the first hole of the tach would be hard to get the bolt on.. cause you could twist the tach sideways, so your fingers fit.. but the second one you couldn't do that.. so it would be really hard...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information