Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My $660 js 440

My $660 js 440

Hey everyone, im new to this place so hello to all. Well i picked up a jet ski off ebay for 660 bucks and had to rewire the stator and rewire all the starter switches. after all that i had it going and put it in my dam. It was going but it seam to not have as much power as it should of, and when u gave it full throttle it would cough and splater. I am pretty famaliar with engines as i have grown up riding motorbikes and driving cars, so if any one had the same problem or knows what it might be just post it up here.
    ash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25-08-07_2045.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	50833  

CARBS!!!! I bet you those carbs have more shit than a sewer in them!! Tke off tha carbs and clean and rebuild them, and that will solve the problem you are having.

Ok i will look into that tomrow, do u just take it off the side off the engine and wash all the parts in fuel and blow them out with a air compresser?

Welcome to the Green Hulk Forums!!

That might work but a good soak in carb cleaner would probably do a better job.

Yup, carb cleaner will do the trick. I am not sure what the carb models are, but definately clean out all the jets and but a rebuild KIT and change out the parts that are included like the fuel filter, diaphragm etc. Someone else will hopefully chime in on what carb exactly it is.

+1
    It should be a mikuni bn, right? The jets are not replacable so don't try. Get a rebuild kit (20 bucks) and you should be right as rain. Also, check your plugs to make sure they look ok. How old is the gas? Did you premix it right? Let us know if this works and if not then you get to enter the fun wold of trouble shooting

Yer ive put all freash gas in it and have premixed it to 50:1, the spark plugs are brand new and ive used it for a good hour and they look pretty clean. Do i just get one of these rebuild kits from the kawaski place or wat? also im not quite shore if it is a mikuni bn but i will look today. also will i need to buy all new gaskets and o-rings for the carby?

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    A rebuild kit is easily found on Ebay. It will include all gaskets that you need. You could possibly get away without rebuilding, but for $20, why take the chance.

Keep in mind, the BN and the Super BN are different kits. Find out what you have first.

ok i took the carby out and gave it a good clean out with a toothbrush and fuel, and fully took it apart and cleaned it then put it all back on. I was going to test it in the dam but we had the pump running so i couldnt ster up the water, but i ran it for a mintue and i think the problem has been fixed but i dont no for shore yet... thanks for all ur help

Ok everyone ive hit another snag, im filling in the registration and i need to know how many horsepower it has... does anyone have a js 440 and know how many hp it is???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information