Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Drive train iproblems

At the bottom of the page there is 3 pictures of a gear/bearing I pulled out of the drivetrain system. Is that piece inside the gear supposed to spin...The drivetrain gets directly interlocked with that piece in the middle..Its not spinning..If its not supposed to spin what else should I look for that locked up the drive train????...thanks

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0605.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	50839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0606.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	356.8 KB 
ID:	50840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0607.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	373.8 KB 
ID:	50841  

+1
    No the piece in the middle does not spin.

Does the motor turn over ?? Does the pump turn over ??

If yes to both of those then the bearing carrier in the shock tower is locked up.

It does not start obviously but it will keep clunking if thats wat u mean by turning over..the pump is off of the jetski...where is the shock tower bearing located?

I know what carrier bearing your talking about..how do I go about taking that out?

+1
    Take the spark plugs out of the motor & go back to the rear of the engine & turn the flywheel,if it turns the motor is NOT locked up,if it dosent turn the motor IS locked up.

Where is the carrier bearing located on the drive train,is there a picture or diagram that you can show me so I can locate the right thing...How is the drive train able to come out because it seems the shock tower even when its dismounted does not move far enough to remove the drive train

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Take the spark plugs out of the motor & go back to the rear of the engine & turn the flywheel,if it turns the motor is NOT locked up,if it dosent turn the motor IS locked up.
    Have you done this yet ???

I might have forgotten to mention the engine and all of itys components are out of the ski..its just the hull because i need a new top end rebuild because the oil line popped off the rotary valve and caused the pistions to heat up more n expand becuz lack of oil..So the pistions fryed..the crank is still good..So the only problems were the pistions n bearings inside the support joint that locked up..My problem is im not sure how to replace the bearings in the support joint

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffa17 View Post
    I might have forgotten to mention the engine and all of itys components are out of the ski..its just the hull because i need a new top end rebuild because the oil line popped off the rotary valve and caused the pistions to heat up more n expand becuz lack of oil..So the pistions fryed..the crank is still good..So the only problems were the pistions n bearings inside the support joint that locked up..My problem is im not sure how to replace the bearings in the support joint
    You need to have the crank rebuilt or buy a new one.

I sell new cranks for $380

I was told the crank was still good in the motor cuz the pistons still move and all and it is still lubed up..A few places just told me that I needed a new top end rebuild and needed to figure out why the back part of the drive train locked up..As of right now its free because I have everything out..I dont mean to challenge ur knowledge but im trying to learn as much as I can..If the crank was bad wouldnt that mean the motor was the thing that was locked up?...ill take a picture of the pistions and motor and post it up later...thanks alot worx you been helpin me out bigtime!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information