Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Help me Take my carbs off...!!!

Alright, I need to take my carbs out to get them modded, and have nothing to do today.

I am going to go through CajunDudes pictures/instructions, and take the pictures and put them on paint and put like a PINK line of the hoses that I think should be taken off... tell me if I am correct. I don't think taking the carbs off will be hard, it's just knowing which hoses to take off at what time.

**SORRY for the pictures being different sizes...
    -----------------------------------------------------
    STEP 1: Just undo the two bolts, and slide them up... then take out the pins like installing the servo motor... know how to do this.

STEP 2: 2.) Using a razor blade cut the zip ties holding on the fuel return and fuel suction hoses located at the front and rear of the carb rack. Prepare to either block off these hoses or raise them so the fuel doesn't spill into the hull.

For stop 2 I will cut off these two zip ties

And These 2 zip ties...

I will then pull of the tubes, and quickly plug them or lift them vertical, so no gas comes out of them... Any Tips on how to plug them?!

STEP 3:
    3.) Loosen the two 6 mm clamps that attach the fuel pump vacuum hoses to the carbs. These hoses are going vertical in the pic below. The right one is cut out of the pic. You can only see the clamp. The very last pic on this page shows the two hoses without the carbs.

I will undo the hose 2 hose clamps, going down to the carbs.. the ones circled.

STEP 4: I will then cut off the fuel lines on each carb, and disconnect the tube. Do I need to plug these lines so they do not leak gasoline? Any tips on how to plug the lines?

STEP 5:
    Remove the hose clamp at the front of the rack that attaches the other fuel pump vacuum hose. This is located close to where the choke cable attaches. While your down there go ahead and disengage the choke cable with the 10 mm wrenches. The pic below is from the front of the ski looking back at the carbs

This picture is provided, I do not understand what to do for this... Please circle or post what I need to do... pictures really help out to me atleast...

STEP 6: I will remove the 4.5 mm hex bolts that are on the carb rack..

STEP 7: It says
    Pop out your remote throttle stop screw (idle adjustment) and cut the tie holding it in place. This is located towards the front of the ski on the outside of the front silver bracket where your cables attach. It looks like a little black knob.

NO picture is given, and I do not no what to do... any pictures? Also if you could.. on like paint circle what tie to cut.

STEP 8: I will remove 6, 10mm bolts. 2 on each carb... I will be able to feel around for these.. I know there is one on top, and one on the bottum...

PLEASE HELP ME with the few steps that I do not know what to do... also tell me if what I wrote, and said I will be doing is correct... Thank you for your help, I appreciate it A LOT!

-Kale

+1
    NEED HELP ON PARTS 5 AND 7..

also any tips on how to blockoff the tubes from leaking would be great!

+1
    http://www.cajundude.com/carbremoval.htm

Please use the GREENHULK search engine.Works very well.

+1
    I got my pictures and read the whole cajundude carb removal page..

he doesnt give a good description or even a picture for 5 and 7... or not a good enough description for me...

+1
    Remove all the mount bolts and pull the carbs. If there is anything stoping the removal than remove it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP1200R.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	457.3 KB 
ID:	50860  
    Last edited by beerdart; 01-04-2008 at 05:19 PM.

+1
    so just like the stinger pipe.. remove all the bolts, but tubes for this.. and get that thing outa there?

I am going to print out whole cajun dude page... and go and work on the ski, and see how far i get...

If I get a problem, I will post it.. or just post pictures with the carbs out later on...

still tips?

+1
    The manual has nice pics.

+1
    sorry my page didn't load all the way... didn't see that...

thanks beerdart.. I will go out and work in about 5 minutes!

+1
    Make sure you loosen up your gas cap to relieve any pressure Kale.Trace the fuel lines from the on/off/reserve switch.You need to disconnect them at the carbs.Throttle cable,fuel return line,pulse lines x3.To make it simple,after your carbs are unbolted completely,if they wont come out,look for the reason why,its a very easy task.HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF AND TAKE YOUR TIME!

+1
    i had to go to sears and buy 2 10 mm wrenches.. and pops ended up buying me like 2000 wrenches....

i will be going to a movie, and when i get back will start.. i will go all night or until i get them carbs off!

thanks woody for the info... I will take off the cap, and release the pressure...

THANK YOU ALL for help really...

I'll post pictures tonight!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information