Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Clutter on the board

Fellow members it is getting more and more difficult to find things on the board. I have a few issues I would like to address and would like your feedback.
    1. I see many threads started by the same people for similar or the same items. Please try to start one thread for a project and stick to it rather than continualy starting new threads.
    2. If you want to buy something start a thread with all the items rather than a dozen different threads.
    3. If you want to sell stuff start a thread and bump it after awhile do not keep starting new threads for the same items.
    If your item has sold let one of the moderators know so we can delete it. if you purchased an item let us know so we can delete your WTB thread. Thanks and any feedback is appreciated
    Last edited by OsideBill; 01-05-2008 at 12:04 AM.

+1
    Sounds good

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Fellow members it is getting more and more difficult to find things on the board. I have a few issues I would like to address and would like your feedback.
    1. I see many threads started by the same people for similar or the same items. Please try to start one thread for a project and stick to it rather than continualy starting new threads.
    2. If you want to buy something start a thread with all the items rather than a dozen different threads.
    3. If you want to sell stuff start a thread and bump it after awhile do not keep starting new threads for the same items.
    If your item has sold let one of the moderators know so we can delete it. if you purchased an item let us know so we can delete your WTB thread. Thanks and any feedback is appreciated

+1....and please use the search feature! It might take a little reading,but 95% of what you need to know is on this forum,without the need to post multiple threads about a topic that has been discussed time after time.We are all here to help,but you need to pull your weight also to help us help you better.

+1
    I agree with this 100%

It would be more useful to the forum if people would use the search function and look before they ask. Also responding to the related thread would help keep the info in one spot and make future searches easier.

+1
    I think you should pm Hallpass with this info. LOL

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    ...It would be more useful to the forum if people would use the search function and look before they ask. Also responding to the related thread would help keep the info in one spot and make future searches easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    +1....and please use the search feature! It might take a little reading,but 95% of what you need to know is on this forum,without the need to post multiple threads about a topic that has been discussed time after time.We are all here to help,but you need to pull your weight also to help us help you better.
    I find that many threads have poorly constructed subject headings, AND often the posts themselves have so many short forms, mispellings, and poor grammar that the search does not find the info. Or when reading the thread, it is hard to figure out what is what.

Not just here, but across a number of forums.

A moment taken to re-read your post before posting, can really help. Read your post as if you were someone else reading it for the first time, a few days, weeks, or months AFTER today.
    Would it still make sense?
    Would it be searchable?
    Is the subject line accurate, descriptive and useful?

There is a LOT of useful, valuable, and helpful information in these threads. The harder it is to find, the less useful the Search function is, and the more often the same questions are going to be asked.

One feature I wish this forum offered was spell checking. I am sure it would reduce the rate that typos and mis-spellings appear, and would correspondingly improve searching. Unless you know how someone mis-spelled the term you are searching for, you can't find it.

+1
    If you are using IE then spell-check is built in. If you use Firefox you need to right click and run spell-check. Also Google tool bar has a very good spell-check. http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/.../en/index.html

+1
    yes. the advanced search feature works very well. I use it all the time when referring links or posts. Just type in keywords you are looking for and click on the section desired or name. It works just like it was intended for.

Thank Bill. +2

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post

Excellant..seriously, that was good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information