+1

Question Should I install the Ceramic Supercharger Bearings?

I'm installing the Vortech Impeller and just wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase and install the Ceramic Supercharger Bearings. What have you guys done? I already have the metal washers installed

Thanks

+1
    Depends on how many hours you have on your supercharger. Once you approach 100 hours its time for new bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    I'm installing the Vortech Impeller and just wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase and install the Ceramic Supercharger Bearings. What have you guys done? I already have the metal washers installed

Thanks
    Depends on hours, but the S2 wheel doesn't put anymore stress on the clutch to speak of to require some insurance work be done. I'd say you're fine with sticking to stock bearings, just be sure to rebuild the whole clutch at the 100 hour mark.

+1

Thumbs up

To be honest,,send it to Jerry and he`ll advise. Thats all I do know. No worries. Its too much work if ya mess up. He does this every day and I don`t,,so who`s better at it? Well worth the money ifn ya ask me.

I would keep the stock bearings in...I had jerry rebuild mine with ceramics, and after maybe 2hrs on them lost a bearing and messed up my motor. Not Jerrys fault, I think the ceramics are too brittle. I now am going to run the rotax triple bearing set up. Those were two hard hours of CC racing.

+1
    Yea, those were the first batch of bearings where we had a few cage failures. The new ceramic bearings have held up just fine.

BTW, its not the ceramic balls themselves that failed. It was the cage. You can take these ceramic balls and squeeze them as hard as you can in a vice and they hold together. Amazing stuff!

Same for me, i changed them but stayed with the metal ones, after hearing of ceramic bearings horror stories...but like Jerry says, around 100 hours just change them for new ones. Same for needle bearings too, don't wait until they fail it's cheaper to change them before they do fail and create more damage to the engine.

+1
    [quote=Green Hulk;499854 You can take these ceramic balls and squeeze them as hard as you can in a vice and they hold together. Amazing stuff![/quote]

everytime the KITTY gets my BALLS in a VICE ......... i whine like a BABY ..........sounds like CERAMIC BALLS are the way to go to me!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Thread Information