Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Milled head speed and RPM results..

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some of my results here after I installed my newly milled head (courtesy of Jim) and Riva EFI controller.

Previous mods and best speed:
    Gutted stock airbox
    D-plate
    14/20 Dynafly
    PPK
    1200 grate
    Jim's FF Plate

71.4mph @ 6930rpm

Now, when I installed the new head I tested the compression. 150-150-145...on the nose. Jim is a freakin' magician! I wasn't expecting that high of compression considering I have the stock reeds and stock exhaust. Well, I was pretty excited to get out and test today. Here are the results:

73.8mph @ 7120rpm

That's a 2.4mph and 190rpm gain from a milled head and EFI controller!! Now keep in mind I have always run the 1200 grate and I have none of the holes on the bottom of my ski filled. These tests were done in the same fresh water location in very close conditions, about a week apart. Needless to say I'm VERY happy with the results considering I have such little done to the ski. Thanks a lot Jim!! By the way, I am running 3-5-2-8 on the controller. Crossover kicks in right at 5550rpm.

Mike

+1
    well done..

good feeling when it come together like that

+1
    Congrats on the new mods,when you fill your holes you will be over 74mph and should pick up 30rpms or so,

Hey Mike, thats an awesome gain just from a head install...

Dont forget to log the weather data when you cant do an exact back to back test, especially the dewpoint/humidity.. It was really low at only 49 today so you probably had some of those rpms as a gift from mother nature..

These efi skis seem only sensitive to humidity changes as the ski has a pressure and air temp sensor and calculates for those changes beautifully, but the one thing they cant see is humidity...

Good job Mike. I was there to witness it, and the ski feels much stronger all around now. Now you need some reeds and sonic booms

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Glad to hear how well your ski runs Mike , Put an 800 grate and you will be close to 75 mph. Reeds, key way, sonic booms and a repitch will get you to 77 plus. By the way did you also put the nose cone in, We all need to go do some riding next week by the way what was Brian riding today. Talk to you later, Jim
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 01-05-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Glad to hear how well your ski runs Mike , Put an 800 grate and you will be close to 75 mph. Reeds, key way, sonic booms and a repitch will get you to 77 plus. By the way did you also put the noise cone in, We all need to go do some riding next week by the way what was Brian riding today. Talk to you later, Jim
    Jim, I was just standing on the shore at the lake and Mike was nice enough to let me take it for a few rides to make sure it felt okay, he was a little paranoid at again! I think he was trying to adjust his efi with a torque wrench

Yes Jim, I did put the nose cone on so I don't know if that actually gave me some of the RPM increase I had. Ross is right, the humidity was pretty low today. Even still, 190rpm increase is outstanding!!

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    do you know like how much rpm you got just from the head? I'm guessing the EFI gave you a lot of rpm?

+1
    Great job Mike!!!

Thats screaming for the mods you have!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information