Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone here store thier ski outside?

Im just curious. I plan to pick up a new motorcycle here in the next few days, and I only have a one car garage. Its possible to fit them both in there, but Id really rather not. So does anyone store thier ski outside? I have a cover, and im in a decent neighborhood, although i would still like to find a way to chain it to the house, but i want to know what everyone thinks? This is a summer only thing, as in the winter it will be kept at my mothers house(no more winter riding i dont think)

thanks all.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yeaaa for the first time i'm forced to put my ski outside since we now have a double that wont fit thru the garage door opening. Note to self... never buy a house with a double garage with two single doors

i have my skis and trailer locked up pretty good in the driveway... of course that wont stop someone if they really want them that bad, but i live in a good area for the most part as well.

I don't but whenever I have to leave mine outside I lock the hitch, put a chain through both rims and chain the doos to the trailer. If someone wants them it will take them a little while to cut through everything, more time then I think people would be willing to spend stealing them.

+1
    Just buy an electric impact gun and take off a wheel.
    They are hard to tow without them.

I kept my ski outside this last winter, it made it through the weather which got very very cold. I would recommend putting it next to ur house and put firewood infront of it or something. Get an alarm for it

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska05RXT
    I kept my ski outside this last winter, it made it through the weather which got very very cold. I would recommend putting it next to ur house and put firewood infront of it or something. Get an alarm for it
    Man.. Cold here is NOTHING like cold there.

BTW... i want to go to Alaska.

I saw a guy weld a trailer ball onto a pipe then dug a massive hole with post hole diggers, dropped the pipe about 4 feet into the ground and anchored it with cement, and locked the trailer tongue onto the ball. The only way for it to leave was to move his truck from in front of it and bring a torch to cut the pipe....most thieves are way too lazy for all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    yeaaa for the first time i'm forced to put my ski outside since we now have a double that wont fit thru the garage door opening. Note to self... never buy a house with a double garage with two single doors

i have my skis and trailer locked up pretty good in the driveway... of course that wont stop someone if they really want them that bad, but i live in a good area for the most part as well.
    I was so pissed when I was at the dealer the other day and figured out that the double trailer would not fit throuh the single door on the garage. I will be stuck looking to store them somewhere as well which is a real bummer.

+1
    Could everyone that leaves their skis outside please post your full mailing address.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if it wasn't for the fact that we just finished siding and re-doing the entire outside of the house and putting up new garage doors, I would have put a steel beam in and pulled the support column and put in one large garage door.... but it would be throwing money out the window to start scrapping things we just finished less than a year ago... oh well, they'll survive. They go on dollies in the garage for the winter at least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information